Trials: 1 finger braking

Karnage

Likes Dirt
Do u guys all use 1 finger braking or not? I am on V Brakes and i try to use 1 finger braking but it doesn't seem to work very strongly. Just wondering whether anyone else has this problem?

Ty

Eats Squid
during my stint of doing trials i found it near impossible useing V-brakes with either 1 or 2 fingers, magura HS33s fixed that problem.

stooge

Likes Dirt
I use 2 fingers for rear wheel moves and tricks were pressure is been applied more so than normal and every thing else just use 1 finger :)

Stooooge
"Ride On" :D

jayboy882003

Likes Dirt
it depends on what type of brake u got. if ur running like magura's it will me easy. if ur using crummy v's it will be harder. make sure to maintain and cleans rims regularly!! or is u got a disc like me (Shimano XT) is easy to brake...i use my pinkie finger!!

Ty

Eats Squid
jayboy882003 said:
it depends on what type of brake u got. if ur running like magura's it will me easy. if ur using crummy v's it will be harder. make sure to maintain and cleans rims regularly!! or is u got a disc like me (Shimano XT) is easy to brake...i use my pinkie finger!!
till you snap off your rear disk brake tab or your chain/seatstay

Ty

Eats Squid
jayboy882003 said:
i dont havea rear disc
sorry it just sounded like you were running full discs, i never really found the need to run front disc when i had my trials rig built up.

click to enlarge

ECHO boy

Likes Bikes
one finger!

one finger is da way to go in trials. makes it more easier on the back wheel and doing power moves like gapping or upping plus it gives u more leverage!

V's work good at the rear if u set it up correctly and use the correct pad, and i'm running maggie which is pretty awsome! front for me for da front tho! one finger everything!

cheers
al.

Rik

logged out
I use one-finger braking on all my bikes...
That includes U, V, dual-pivot sidepulls, discs, and maguras that are on all of my bikes...
From 14 onwards I did that, took me a while to develop the strength, but now all my brakes only need a single finger to operate, which is a whole lot better for not just trials, but bike control in general.

fastrider gus

super huck
i can only ever use one finger.. other wise my girly hands cant hold on! lol
i used to have LX vee's with some kool-stop sticky pads back in my more trialsy days..

Fritta

Likes Dirt
i use 2 fingers all the time maybe its the strength of them like rik said. i could never brake with one finger :)