NSW Trials Zhi Z1 (SOLD)

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
Howdy,

I'm selling my trusty old Zhi Z1 (it's black with flouro orange rims and silver forks) as I'm moving away to the UK to stay for 730 days.

It was purchased off about 18 months ago, had bits and bobs chopped and changed. I believe only the wheels, frame, fork, cranks, pedals and rear brake caliper are left from when I originally bought it.

I'm looking for a easy sale, the bike has the usual trials wear and tear, but nothing major as I'm quite conservative when it comes to going even remotely high. Scratches on the down tube, cranks, bash and the only real dent is a mild one on the down tube, again nothing major.

Great for those curious to the sport and those wanting to try something new.

Item: Zhi Z1 Stock Trials Bike
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: Moving away
Price: $600
Extra Info:

Frame and fork:
Zhi Z1 frame
Echo fork 4-bolt/disc
Echo headset

Wheels:
Zhi rims (needs a bit of a true now and then)
Echo TR hubs, disc front, fixed spline rear
Continental Mountain King 2.4" rear
Kenda Small Block 8 2.1" front

Has a slow leak in the rear, takes about 3-4 days for it to go "soft", a bit of pumping on the floor pump before riding and its all good. I've had it like this for several months now... haha, you're welcome to change the tube, but it's a PITA to fiddle with rear trial wheels as it's always fiddly realigning brake pads even on a vertical drop-out bike. Tyres are past their half life, but I don't foresee needing to change it for months yet

Drivetrain:
Echo forged, square taper, FSA BB,
White Industries 18T trials (will chuck in freewheel tool),
15T Echo rear
Trialtech rebranded KMC Koolchain (+1 spare free)
Trialtech half ring bash (it's currently set to left foot forward, hope whomever buys it is left foot forward too or has access to a vice and a long breaker bar!!!)
VP cage pedals
Atomz inboard tensioner

I have modified this tensioner to fit the axle of the Echo hub so that it runs on the inside of the frame, mounted to the axle in place of the Echo spacer. I've mounted it using a couple of washers in between the tensioner arm and the hub bearing to space it out so the bearings don't bind when tightened down. Works well... don't mess with it. I can throw in a old Shimano Sora derailleur and will include the old Echo spacer too and also a old Tensile tensioner than mounts to the hanger as alternative tensioning. I suggest keeping the Atomz tensioner though, it works 100x times nicer than having it on the hanger!

Brakes:
Avid BB7 front, 160mm rotor
Shimano Deore rear
SD7 levers (one of the levers has a fair amount of play in it, can throw in a older style SD7 lever for free, or if I'm not lazy, I can swap it over before hand.)
Echo vbrake booster
Neon adapters
TNN Belaey CNC vbrake pads

I have a free kmart angle grinder to chuck in too... every trials bike should come with one

Cockpit:
Trialtech Sport Risers (love these bars)
Thomson X4 stem, 90mm (I'm a shorty)
Trialtech foam grips

Weight:
About 11.5kg on bathroom scales (vaguely remember it being closer to lower 11kg), not super light, but it's been pretty solid all the time I've had it.

PRICE AND CONDITIONS:
I'd be happy with about $600 since its no where near new, but it has proper trials parts on it for a serious go at trials riding and is mechanically sound. Pickup in Sydney is definitely preferred, inspections welcome. If you do buy in Sydney, try out the Wednesday night rides and get a helluva lot better than I have.

Open to offers.

I will be watching this over the Christmas and New Years break, but I can't sell it or let people see it as I'll be out of town. Just post all questions in the thread and I'll answer as often as I am online.

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

Last edited: