triple clamp forks on Specialized sx trail

pistol

Likes Dirt
shh top dog... haha

yeha just chasing up alternatives ..

any one running totem's and have had issues with them was going to be my next question...

with issues i dont want to hear .. my best mate who i know from my mum's mums distant friend said he had issues ok please only reply to this question about totems if you have had problems or own a set

other wise keep the tripple clamp question going

cheers pete

shred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
triples make it look so yuck!! nice set of single crowns would feels so better, plus you with save a fair bit of weight getting single crowns

floody

Wheel size expert
Pinned not so much worried about the warranty side of things I have got a 180mm single crown on the bike at the moment
What fork is that? And what is its shortcoming that leads you to want a tripleclamp fork?

pistol

Likes Dirt
What fork is that? And what is its shortcoming that leads you to want a tripleclamp fork?
im running a totem 2step at the moment and as top dog pointed out politely i am having compression damping peculiarities in the forks which is making me consider/doubt the forks..

whats leading me to want tripple is the stability the tripples may increase stability over the single crowns changing the bikes feel and actions

cheers pete

Last edited:
awesome thread i was thinking of doing the same thing but out of necessity cause i busted the steerer tube on my current forks

im riding a jamis dakar XLT, it only came with 130mm manitou relic comps so im not too sure how longer i can go in terms of travel length. was thinking triple clamps but wasnt sure how much it would affect the geometry? although cause i mostly do DH and its an all mountain bike a slacker head angle mightn't be such a bad thing

Scott

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
awesome thread i was thinking of doing the same thing but out of necessity cause i busted the steerer tube on my current forks

im riding a jamis dakar XLT, it only came with 130mm manitou relic comps so im not too sure how longer i can go in terms of travel length. was thinking triple clamps but wasnt sure how much it would affect the geometry? although cause i mostly do DH and its an all mountain bike a slacker head angle mightn't be such a bad thing

Scott
Grave Dig!!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Tripples are better.
weight, strength, height, stiffness, durrability, pick what one you want to sacrafice to do X-ups, then post a pic of you doing an X-Up.It's wet, I'm bored and looking for a fight, any takers?

nickhagee

Likes Dirt
unless your purely doing dh on it tripples would wreck the bike. the sx trail is so versatile. i have one and can comfortable dh on it but also be able to do some all mountain riding on it which is awesome. if youve got the balls you can put in the other shock mount that should come with sx trails and do some slopestyle (and make all mountain easier)
also the sx trail is designed around a single clamp. if you find your doing tracks which need the extra strength and ridgity that tripple clamps bring your better off with a demo. in fact if you are doing what i just mentioned, you probably shouldnt. like what has been mentioned it is a light dh/freeride bike and is no where near as strong or plush as a demo (but plenty enough for me i loooove mine)

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
I have had 06 boxxer teams running at 180mm on my 05 enduro for around 18 months no problems. They arnt the best fork for this bike but they werent being used and the nixons that where on it where shit.
Its still a fun do all bike, only down fall is the high bb, Have thought about going to a 24" rear wheel and a bolt up hub to stiffen the rear.
As fare as I can see the sx and enduro have the same head tube design.