Triple J's Hottest 100 of 2010

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I voted plans by birds of Tokyo, it got fourth or something so I'm happy, I actualy like angus n julias music but deffinantly not the best song of the year. Would have liked BnE to feature higher, but atleast they got in twice (or 3 times?) I didn't know half the songs and alot were shit IMO but it was good

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I cannot understand how the majoirty of the 155,000 people that voted decided that the yawn duet was the best song of 2010? I asked the same question last year when the folk clowns won with their one hit wonder. I said the same thing when Labour got voted in!

Who votes for this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got seven of the ten songs I voted for in the countdown so I was pleased to see that. I think the countdown show cased what 2010 was all about but it did lack a kick ass number one. I would've been stoked the see Rock it beat the Stoners..............:mad:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Overall pretty happy, Would have liked to have seen Jellylegs a little bit higher than #22.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No one can really be that surprised, just looking at what sort of crowd triple j attracts, it was quite obvious angus and julia stone was going to win. It only make's me sad that Kanye put out such a good album and becuase he is a wanker, all of the triple j listener's hate him because they're a bunch of indie hipsters. Happy though that magic fountain came 9th, Birds of Tokyo should of been 400th and not 4th though.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
I also lol'd that despite their best efforts, flogging it for months, JJJ couldn't get MIA's "XXXO" into the top 100. So they played it anyway.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I also lol'd that despite their best efforts, flogging it for months, JJJ couldn't get MIA's "XXXO" into the top 100. So they played it anyway.
That song is rad! I am really dissapointed, I didn't think so many people could listen to music that makes me feel like falling asleep!
Sad day for music if a boring, non energetic tune is the tune of the year. I heard that song about half as much as Rock It, I wouldn't have enjoyed having that as number one, but it sure does beat Big Jet Plane of boredom.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
No one can really be that surprised, just looking at what sort of crowd triple j attracts, it was quite obvious angus and julia stone was going to win. It only make's me sad that Kanye put out such a good album and becuase he is a wanker, all of the triple j listener's hate him because they're a bunch of indie hipsters. Happy though that magic fountain came 9th, Birds of Tokyo should of been 400th and not 4th though.
The Triple J crowd eh? You ask anyone who listens to Triple J and has done for more than five years if they like that song and they'll say "Fuck no!". The real Triple J listeners know that the real Triple J music rarely wins. Most of the top ten songs were Triple J songs but some were songs that make their way onto glorious sped up commercial radio that everyone recognises therefore votes for!
For the record, Kanye West only gets played on Triple J because no other radio station will play them when their sponsors and advertisers request that the music content doesn't have people swearing or expressing some stupid dumb ass political belief. His tunes are okay but his spoken word (not singing.....) stuff shits me. He sounds like the noise an egg ring would make sitting on your toilet bowl lid when you flush it..........

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is true, but the real triple j listener's make up about 10% of people that listen to it, like I said all the other's are indie hipster's, and then out of the real triple j listener's about half would actually vote. On another note though, there really isn't 'triple j' music, they are a radio station that plays new music from every genre so... once every second person get's off the indie band wagon they will just move onto what triple j start's playing a lot of next.

Oh and about kanye, even he know's he is a producer first and a rapper second, and one of the greatest producers of recent.

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
Overall I reckon it turned out pretty well, fairly happy where some of my choices placed, but again, yet another thing is ruined by hipsters/indies for the rest of us.
Like Dozer said, same thing happened as last year, simply because you get all the regular listeners who vote for a good mix of different tracks, but then you get all the indies/hipsters/whatever who all end up going for the same song. Even though it's done by a majority vote, I doubt the majority will actually be too happy with the shitheap that managed to get number 1.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Holy shit, the last two pages of this thread is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen.

WAHH, I'VE LISTENED TO JJJ FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE JJJ FANBASE IS

WAHH INDIE KIDS VOTING RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE

Who votes for this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got seven of the ten songs I voted for in the countdown
classic.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwn

Ah well, it wasn't unexpected. Personally I think we need another 'Knights of Cydonia' or 'Take Me Out' to grab the top spot next year. This twee folk love affair can't go on for much longer, can it?

Lemontime

Eats Squid
That is true, but the real triple j listener's make up about 10% of people that listen to it, like I said all the other's are indie hipster's, and then out of the real triple j listener's about half would actually vote. On another note though, there really isn't 'triple j' music, they are a radio station that plays new music from every genre so... once every second person get's off the indie band wagon they will just move onto what triple j start's playing a lot of next.

Oh and about kanye, even he know's he is a producer first and a rapper second, and one of the greatest producers of recent.
What the hell is an indie hipster? I'm pretty sure these are two different things...

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
The Triple J crowd eh? You ask anyone who listens to Triple J and has done for more than five years if they like that song and they'll say "Fuck no!". The real Triple J listeners know that the real Triple J music rarely wins. Most of the top ten songs were Triple J songs but some were songs that make their way onto glorious sped up commercial radio that everyone recognises therefore votes for!

REAL JJ LISTENERS?

Get your hand off it mate... it's a pop station, always has been, always will be. If you think otherwise, then perhaps its time to crawl out from under that rock you've been hiding under!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Holy shit, the last two pages of this thread is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen.

WAHH, I'VE LISTENED TO JJJ FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE JJJ FANBASE IS

WAHH INDIE KIDS VOTING RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE

classic.
Quoted for truth!