Tromp family mystery....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
that would be a real downer if it were drugs.

would be more interesting if the family claimed they were abducted by aliens and are now getting spied on by men in black.
Could be aliens....but definitely drugs.

Occam's Razor, and all that.

#knucklesisachunt

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
So bizarro! Sounds like tensions were already high at the start of the trip and perhaps they were paranoid about each other causing them to take evasive action after anticipating some sinister event.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
however, it seems rare for it to work out like this.

On the radio the copper who was interviewed says he has never had a case like this one in 30 years of been a copper.

Very curious, and I don't often take interest in these sorts of things, but just what to heck is going on er I would like to know.
Mmmm...because mental illness is fairly predictable. Paranoid schizophrenia, borderline, bipolar, anxiety, depression, narcissism...and lots of others can trigger bizarre manifestations. Maybe one family member has significant control over the others and has lost the plot, the rural world is full of surprises and stories of people (especially men) who suffer from poorly managed mental health issues. The results are usually pretty grim. Or drugs. It could be drugs.

floody

Wheel size expert
Gas leak? Fungus?

Timelines and locations are odd to say the least and I feel the 'sightings' of Mr Tromp are likely a McGuffin.

Last edited:

redbruce

Eats Squid
Mmmm...because mental illness is fairly predictable. Paranoid schizophrenia, borderline, bipolar, anxiety, depression, narcissism...and lots of others can trigger bizarre manifestations. Maybe one family member has significant control over the others and has lost the plot, the rural world is full of surprises and stories of people (especially men) who suffer from poorly managed mental health issues. The results are usually pretty grim. Or drugs. It could be drugs.
Predictable, surely you jest (tongue in cheek?).

Having lived with a BPD partner for over 20 years, and its consequences, I have observed, lived though and had to manage the unintended but none the less significant and ongoing consequences for the relational bystanders (my kids for a start), you are , maybe making a rather presumptive, presumption. I have a close friend and also staff member who suffer manic depression that I am a support to.

So, assuming you are not being stupidly flippant, you appear to be commenting on matters outside your experience and knowledge. A tricky if not ignorant place. I maybe missing your point of course.

The unfortunately all too many (references to the mass view/convenient assumption and notably with no demonstrable evidence, ignorant and insensitive) opinions in this thread, are equally so.

Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
I would like to know what evidence there is of the son's travels. His return trip seems to have been remarkably straightforward in the context of the seemingly erratic goings on.

No phones, no cards, leaves just physical evidence bordering on ethereal and their word...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Predictable, surely you jest (tongue in cheek?).

Having lived with a BPD partner for over 20 years, and its consequences, I have observed, lived though and had to manage the unintended but none the less significant and ongoing consequences for the relational bystanders (my kids for a start), you are , maybe making a rather presumptive, presumption. I have a close friend and also staff member who suffer manic depression that I am a support to.

So, assuming you are not being stupidly flippant, you appear to be commenting on matters outside your experience and knowledge. A tricky if not ignorant place. I maybe missing your point of course.

The unfortunately all too many (references to the mass view/convenient assumption and notably with no demonstrable evidence, ignorant and insensitive) opinions in this thread, are equally so.
I think you missed my point. Also when you edited you missed a typo.