trouble with clips!

[Z]

Likes Dirt
hey guys, i just got my new shoes and cleats and am having some serious trouble clipping into my pedals. the pedals are the shimano m454 dh, and the shoes are the shimano m181. both are spd systems. ive loosened the systems and pushed as hard as i can...nothing. ive had a closer look and it looks as iff some of the studs/grip on the bottom of the shoe is hitting the cage of the pedal before the clip bit. any advice?

Plow King

Little bit.
[Z];1270458 said:
hey guys, i just got my new shoes and cleats and am having some serious trouble clipping into my pedals. the pedals are the shimano m454 dh, and the shoes are the shimano m181. both are spd systems. ive loosened the systems and pushed as hard as i can...nothing. ive had a closer look and it looks as iff some of the studs/grip on the bottom of the shoe is hitting the cage of the pedal before the clip bit. any advice?
Cut em off so they're flush with the pedal? There aint all that much point if you're running clips anyway.

OR! I think you can take the cage off the pedal. Don't quote me on that though.

Last edited:

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Did you get plastic shims to go under the cleats to space them away from the shoe? If not cut the shoe like plow king said.