Troy Brosnan - Junior World Champ

Hard and fast

Likes Dirt
Nice Video Sean, to bad my vimeo is stuffing up and going all jumpy.

Must be only 1 of 2 2011 Demo 8 in Australia...

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watched it HD Fullscreen, absolute brilliance. Some awesome shots there Sean.
Kids so bloody small it looks like he's just floating down the trails. :rolleyes:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont think i can even ride as good as that in my dreams,
And i know i cant film or edit as good as that in real life!

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice video and all but in my opinion it seems like a bit of a waste to put the majority of the video in slow motion, especially when you have such a fast rider to film. Composition of the video was nice anyway.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Nice Sean, exposure seemed more dialled in this one. I still think you have a bit of a tendency to under expose your shots though, it's hard to read just by looking at the screen hey!

Just wondering, is it personal choice that you like to frame the lower half of the body to sacrifice the head or is it just the trickiness of using a dslr to film and compose with?

seanbabes

Likes Dirt
thanks guys, In response to the music, i used Show you love, by Data Romance.

And in regard to my shooting, i really just simply have a look at the shot i want to film, and then just shoot what looks good, the dslr didn't effect this choice at all as most of the film was shot on my Z1. From learning from the other professionals out there I have found that cutting the head in certain shots and just having wheels and handle bars is a popular shot and looks good in my eyes.

Sam.

Eats Squid
From learning from the other professionals out there I have found that cutting the head in certain shots and just having wheels and handle bars is a popular shot and looks good in my eyes.
I do agree with you on that part, as I too occasionally use wheel shots as a medium for showing action, but I feel they make it really hard to show emotion as there is no facial expression to go off. On a personal scale, I most enjoy shots such as the one at 36 seconds where it starts on his wheels then pans up and when he leaves the shot his head is in the frame.

I think its just one of those things, like all shots I think it needs to be used in moderation but of course everyone is always going to have a bias towards one type of shot than another. I for one really enjoyed the majority of the shots where you finished with his head in the frame, but that might be because of my still photography background, and the wheel shots I most enjoyed were the ones where you finished with certain parts of his body cut off, i.e "not at the ankle, but in the middle of the shin or thigh. Not at the wrist, but mid-forearm."

In the end I don't think it really matters as my opinion is going to be completely different from the next persons, but that's just a personal "gripe" if you will that I have with the composition of your shots. I guess any shot can work, its all about how it is framed.

On the whole, I really liked the video though, and I didn't have an issue with the frequency of the shots that were in slow-mo, do you use twixtor?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
From learning from the other professionals out there I have found that cutting the head in certain shots and just having wheels and handle bars is a popular shot and looks good in my eyes.
I'm going to have to disagree.

The whole cutting-off-the-head shot irritates me, it just looks awkward (in my opinion).

It reminds me of those bmxr's/skaters that have a fish-eye attachment on their $200 cameras and shows poor professionalism and skill...

I also thought that most of the shots were underexposed and I wasn't a fan of the colours.

On the whole though, I thought it was a good video. The jig/jib/boom/whatever it is looks great, especially in one of those firsts shots.

Last edited:

djsmitt

Likes Dirt
BEAUTIFUL!! i hope you get paid in the future for this stuff man that was absolutly amazing! such a unique style loved it bro