Troy Lee helmet warrantys

Bilza_ridez

Banned
I am very interested in a brand new troy lee helmet off ebay but am wondering about the warranty you receive
a mate told me today that apparently if you buy a troy lee, crash and damage it. you can send that helmet to troy lee and they will send you back a free one (you must pay postage)
i would like to back up if this is true or not?

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Not for free. Last time I checked/heard, they give you a 30% discount (off RRP). Similar to THE helmets.

If they gave you a free helmet after a crash, I would just throw mine at a tree every 6 months...

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
crash replacement is basically at cost - it works out to be a bit over 30% when i used it - i just got my d3 replaced under crash replacement. you cant send it directly to them though, gotta go through who you bought it off. usually you dont have to post it - just take photos of the damage and with the straps cut off and youll be right

Bilza_ridez

Banned
crash replacement is basically at cost - it works out to be a bit over 30% when i used it - i just got my d3 replaced under crash replacement. you cant send it directly to them though, gotta go through who you bought it off. usually you dont have to post it - just take photos of the damage and with the straps cut off and youll be right
alright thanks for the help
how would it go if i purchase off an ebay shop? (much cheaper)

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
id ask the shop before buying anyhting but generally you should be alright. TLD wont deal with you direct.

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
You can buy visors of Chain Reaction for about $50 each
i don't know if they can be replaced by a warranty?
yea i saw you can buy them from most shops but i heard you could also send troy lee an e-mail with pictures
and they would send you a first one free?
don't know about that though