Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
“The America of my time line is a laboratory example of what can happen to democracies, what has eventually happened to all perfect democracies throughout all histories. A perfect democracy, a ‘warm body’ democracy in which every adult may vote and all votes count equally, has no internal feedback for self-correction. It depends solely on the wisdom and self-restraint of citizens… which is opposed by the folly and lack of self-restraint of other citizens. What is supposed to happen in a democracy is that each sovereign citizen will always vote in the public interest for the safety and welfare of all. But what does happen is that he votes his own self-interest as he sees it… which for the majority translates as ‘Bread and Circuses.’
‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. Definitely mocracy often works beautifully at first. But once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader—the barbarians enter Rome.”

-Robert A. Heinlein

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So...is there a count down to the end of his reign of incompetence? Is Mueller closing in? Is the cabinet completely dysfunctional? Are the wolves at the door?

Or will he bungle on?

moorey

call me Mia
Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
He will bungle on. The democrats are a mess right now.
Yes, but Meuller isn’t, and they can’t get rid of him without opening an even bigger can of worms. Trump tried, but even his own people told him how stupid that would be.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Nope. I said 12 months ago he’d be out by mid year. I was generous. All the shit is hitting the fan now, and with the second Dosier out claiming that Russia chose Tillerson (former Exxon ceo) as Sec of state, and it was clearly because he could be of great benefit to them and their Oil deals.
If or when it happens, it will be a hell of fun thing to watch unfold. That will be a popcorn and beanbag day.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
So no betting yet? That's a shame.
Fun fact: Trump was still paying out $5 at 10.30am (Melb time) of the USA elections. They had started counting a lot of it and Hillary's rust belt looked like it wasn't delivering. I looked at the progress and though no way Hillary can win this anymore, I wanted to run downstairs and put some money on it!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Word to watch...’Alzheimers’
The standard cop out for when people get busted doing something stupid or illegal now seems to be:
  1. 'I'm sorry and apologise'. Easy to get off the hook since what else can be said, I mean, I said sorry, really ok?.
  2. 'I forgot and have no recollection'. Generally used in politics, try and bust me since I don't know either.
  3. 'Wardrobe malfunction'. Used by people that want their faces on TV/media or have reached their media use-by date but have little other talent to continue. Might has well show off my wiggly bits to gain attention again.
  4. 'Please respect my privacy'. Used by attention seeking whores that suddenly want the world to forget them when they see fit.

moorey

call me Mia
Trump will never apologize or admit wrongdoing. It will be a witchhunt, a conspiracy, I media blowup, then claiming That he has no memory or recollection of the events.