Trump's Nazi Acceptance Speech

freddofrog

Likes Dirt
A graphic designer friend whipped this up yesterday after Trump's Speech. The similarities are frightening.

[video=youtube;MA7JlduLdxo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA7JlduLdxo[/video]

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I don't understand why the media aren't drawing the obvious parallels between his entire campaign and the Nazi movement. It's a bit frightening.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, I don't understand why the media aren't drawing the obvious parallels between his entire campaign and the Nazi movement. It's a bit frightening.
Because the conservative America media wants him over Clinton. Why do you think sanders was drawing 20x the crowds and being ignored, but trump eating burritos was headline news?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Because the conservative America media wants him over Clinton. Why do you think sanders was drawing 20x the crowds and being ignored, but trump eating burritos was headline news?
Sanders was ignored?

Really??!!

Don't think so.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yes really. I'm talking about the big American media outlets. Social media, all over it.
He was never off MSNBC. CNN too. Trump was still getting the lions share of coverage but that's because Trump keeps saying ludicrous, inflammatory things and there were riots happening outside his rallies.

No news network is going to ignore that!

Fox, however is the only network who actively support him and even then there are divisions in the ranks (Megyn Kelly being a prime example)

moorey

call me Mia
He was never off MSNBC. CNN too. Trump was still getting the lions share of coverage but that's because Trump keeps saying ludicrous, inflammatory things and there were riots happening outside his rallies.

No news network is going to ignore that!

Fox, however is the only network who actively support him and even then there are divisions in the ranks (Megyn Kelly being a prime example)
MSNBC is a small player. Yeah Fox mostly, all the 3 letter brands also. I listen to a few msnbc podcasts. They're the left leaning wing of NBC, and even then they pushed Clinton over Sanders by a mile.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Maybe so, but he was not ignored. He got the lower end of coverage (as did everyone other than Trump) but as the Dem candidates fell away and when Bernie was really challenging Hillary he most definitely wasn't ignored. The conservatives actually wanted him to win over Hillary as they saw his as easier to defeat than H.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
MSNBC is a small player. Yeah Fox mostly, all the 3 letter brands also. I listen to a few msnbc podcasts. They're the left leaning wing of NBC, and even then they pushed Clinton over Sanders by a mile.
Towards the end of the primaries, Trump's shit-slinging was being directed primarily at Hillary so they're naturally going to keep the cameras trained on those two.

At the end of the day Sanders never stood a chance. It takes billions to run a US presidential campaign and a support base largely consisting of slacktivist millenials clicking 'like' and 'sharing' was never going to cut it against Clinton.
Trump's struggling to compete financially, even. He was on the verge of bankrupting his campaign a couple of months ago and he's not attracting as many of the big money donors that the likes of Jeb Bush would have. Trump however knows that by acting like the masive dick he is, he can generate hundreds of millions of dollars worth of free publicity. Sanders on the other hand lacked the mouth of Trump and the political heritage (and wallet) of Clinton and he did an admirable enough job just to get as far as he did.

moorey

call me Mia
Towards the end of the primaries, Trump's shit-slinging was being directed primarily at Hillary so they're naturally going to keep the cameras trained on those two.

At the end of the day Sanders never stood a chance. It takes billions to run a US presidential campaign and a support base largely consisting of slacktivist millenials clicking 'like' and 'sharing' was never going to cut it against Clinton.
Trump's struggling to compete financially, even. He was on the verge of bankrupting his campaign a couple of months ago and he's not attracting as many of the big money donors that the likes of Jeb Bush would have. Trump however knows that by acting like the masive dick he is, he can generate hundreds of millions of dollars worth of free publicity. Sanders on the other hand lacked the mouth of Trump and the political heritage (and wallet) of Clinton and he did an admirable enough job just to get as far as he did.
I disagree. Sanders was a genuine chance, if given equal billing and support. No one likes Clinton. She will be the biggest 'default' president in history. On the upside, Sanders forced her more left, and if she sticks to her campaign promises, it's a good thing. Unfortunately, I'm not betting on that 'if'.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I disagree. Sanders was a genuine chance, if given equal billing and support. No one likes Clinton. She will be the biggest 'default' president in history. On the upside, Sanders forced her more left, and if she sticks to her campaign promises, it's a good thing. Unfortunately, I'm not betting on that 'if'.
And I could win the Nobel prize for Science if they'd only accept my submissions.

C'mon, be serious. Nobody is going to give a complete unknown the full support of one of the largest (certainly richest) political parties in the world just because he generates well with socially conscious youths. Especially when he's going up against someone who has already spent 8 years in the White house and since forged a credible political career of her own as a senator AND Secretary of State. It would be like Peter Garrett quitting Midnight Oil before their peak to become an MP who then deposes Bob Hawke.

Sanders couldn't secure the Black vote. He was battling against the fact that he's another old white bloke when it comes to the female vote. He could never hope to raise enough financial backing to go up against Trump. Hell, the networks could have been a wall to wall Bernie gang-bang on their shows but it's a moot point if Clinton can own every ad-break.

The primaries are in the hands of the party members. People who are politically active enough to pay membership dues, regularly vote and therefore -you would assume- are a lot more likely than joe public to look into all the options available to them when choosing their candidate. Sanders couldn't win over enough of them and it would be difficult to see him do any better with the general populace.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Godwinning aside, I don't think the comparison of Trump with Hitler is valid. Hitler had a more developed and consistent ideological foundation, and always paid his architect.

http://architizer.com/blog/the-worlds-worst-client-donald-trump/

I've a reasonable grasp of US presidential elections going back to Truman's 1948 victory, but this one is just incredible. Hillary Clinton's been a target since she tried to introduce universal health care to the US in Bill Clinton's first term, but the tone of this election is even worse than Obama's. The GOP seems split after the teaparty emergence, and unwilling to implement changes it recommended to itself after Romney's loss to Obama in 2012.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Still a better choice for president than Hilary. At least trump will be amusing, Hilary would just be a disaster.

My preference though, is for vermin supreme.