Truvativ Carbon Noir cranks for AM.

my02

Likes Dirt
I'm picking a up set of Carbon Noirs tomorrow as a warranty uplift on the previous Stylos that I had.

I currently run Shimano Zees as I couldn't wait several weeks for the warranty to get sorted out. The Zees are 170mm whilst the TCNs will be 175mm. And I am feeling the difference on the steeper hills!

So my question is, does anyone have any experience of these cranks for AM use? Will they last me a good few years or should i expect a pretty short life? I'm a big rider (120kg RTR) and they will be used on everything up to DH tracks.

Thanks in advance.

PUL54R

Likes Bikes
I ran TCN cranks for 3yrs on my Heckler before I manage to bend/strip 2 of the mounting hole for the small chainring. My fault for not monitoring how many bolts had fallen out
Other then a few scuffs on the bottom of the arms from rock strikes which are purely cosmetic they still run great as a single ring crank.

Note mine were a set of the older triple ring cranks with the non-replaceable spider.

aanon

Likes Dirt
I ran Noir on my AM bike for 18 months without a problem, now on my hard tail and doing fine.
I weigh 83 kg though.
No idea how they will handle 120kg, if you are smooth probably ok . . . . . maybe.