Tubeless Thoughts

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got tubeless setup with a near new EXO+ DHR 2 on the rear. Right on the lip of the bead it has a 3mm long puncture which Stans just wont seal properly. It pumps up well and holds air but during riding its losing pressure. I've been through a tube on each of the last 3 rides.

Is it new tyre time or change to Stans Race?

teK--

Eats Squid
It's a pinch flat. As mentioned either sew a patch into it or put a couple of plugs in it.

Minlak

custom titis
Stans race won’t do any better job of sealing it - the location means it will keep flexing - try plugging it or stitching it or even gluing it

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sew it with braided fishing line and patch the tyre on the inside, nothing seals large holes on the side walls.
This ^^^ then patch on the inside with a decent rubber patch, it may be a dirtbike patch or a bit of rubber gasket or whatever. Sandpaper and clean both with alcohol, glue and let dry twice, stick the patch on and let it sit for a day. I guarantee it will be 100%.

Dont try and ride it 15mins later. This is about saving the tyre. Not your ride.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Got a new ebike wheel and hoping to make it tubeless.
It has a very deep wheel well so the tyres are actually loose prior to inflating making it difficult to bead up.
do i need to use some tape to build up the rim so the tyre is tighter ?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It has a very deep wheel well so the tyres are actually loose prior to inflating making it difficult to bead up.
That’ll help. You using a floor pump, or a compressor?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Depends how lose it is but I’ve had this before and just spent a few minute pulling the bead out towards the outer edge of the rim on both sides then inflated with a floor pump

moorey

call me Mia
Try putting a packing strap around the circumference of the tyre and tighten it down a little to help push the sidewalks out onto the rim walls.
This works on wire bead DH tyres that I’ve otherwise been unable to inflate.
That or a really fast burst with the valve out to get the most air in as quick as possible. Valve slows down the flow.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This works on wire bead DH tyres that I’ve otherwise been unable to inflate.
That or a really fast burst with the valve out to get the most air in as quick as possible. Valve slows down the flow.
I think I picked the strap trick up from you. Works a treat to inflate tubeless tyres with a regular floor pump.