Turner Czar owners? Tell me about yours.

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Thread dig.......ok was only a month.

Czar owners - more updates pls creaky you came from a TBc (same as me) how do you find it different?

Others - lotsa 'just get one' comments, but without being able to try one - why?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
In terms of geo the Czar fits me better than the tallboy slightly. Czar seems to have that 100mm front end 'nimbleness' of the tallboy. Czar is definitely a stiffer frame and you notice it through the rough.

The big difference is the feel of the rear end. The Czar / DW just eats up bumps much smoother, especially noticeable when pedalling through the rough, always surprises me. That is the most obvious distinction in rear end feel. The Czar is as or slightly better in terms of 'platform' compared to the tallboy.

Busy this weekend but you can probably organise a ride at some stage if the (smaller than usual sizing) XL will fit - you're in Brissie hey ?

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Thanks Creaky - appreciate the info, interesting to hear you believe the rear to be more active than the VPP, I'd read some reports to indicate the opposite, however those other reports were citing the DW to be faaar superior in pedalling platform. Nice to hear its stiffer inn the rear end too

So it is better than VPP in both regards I am all ears as I love the operation of the VPP under bump situations. What I find is my TBc (series 1) doesn't feel that 'racey', but is more a 'play bike' or trail oriented which is fine and a really enjoy riding it, but if I can get a dually to be more racey then I'd likely use it for XC racing (where I currently use a hardtail). And perhaps as you suggested in my previous thread - the TB could be setup a little differently to be more Race, but its currently sitting at 10.9kg in its current spec with 1 x10 and carbon everything, I'd like a lower front end and a bit more 'punch'

TB2 is reported an improvement, but again I've not ridden one.

Your bike complete is 10.2kg? So frame is around 2.3kg I assume?

I would be a Large in a Czar (5'10" or 178cm), but would be most appreciative for a basic demo if you are up for it. (yes Brissy also)

Currently I am demo-ing a Yeti ASRc and whilst it has inherent pedal bob from the simple single pivot design, it is very surprisingly zippy and efficient except when out of the saddle and mashing the pedals. And as expected it is supremely confident on descents and soaks up the trail very well (weighs 11kg complete, but is not the lightest build in the world - frame is only 4.2lbs, which is around 1.9kg))

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Really? cos even the demo Yeti is lower side by side and its running a 120mm fork

My setup is Fox F120 (shimmed to 110mm) Cane Creek headset, zero steer spacers but a full height top cap, 90mm -6deg stem, Easton EC70 flatbars

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
So where does the Yeti get its "lower" from?

Research says...

Large SC Tbc has a 100mm head tube (SC website geo), same size ASRc is 88.9mm.

Yeti uses integrated lower headset cup, TBc uses conventional external cup.

Yeah, Yeti is lower, but you could run more stem (inverse) rise to fix that :)

I've a L frame and it weighs 5.5lbs, 2.5 kgs. Total bike weight is currently at 10.4kgs. So although not a super lightweight XC frame it is strong and doesn't flex like some dual sus xc frames. Superb ride and I can sit down and keep pedalling over most stuff. Awesome geometry, can rail the DHs and still pedal efficiently back to the top. Love it!