XC Turner Czar

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah you know, the Saturn 11 is a pretty sweet bike and I do look it up every now and again.

But top of my list is the Pivot Mach 4 SL and the Intense Sniper. Down a slight notch is the Santa Cruz Blur. Basically all of these bikes take both a 100mm and 120mm fork but I like the suspension design and geometry of the Pivot and Intense more than the Blur. Although the Blur's reach numbers are longer, the slightly steeper HA stops it from making the top of the list.

I had considered a Yeti SB100, but its inability to run a 100mm fork (without dropping the BB too far), extra weight and the issues with the redesigned switch infinity has kept it off the list for now. The Ibis Ripley V4 looked great too but its just a little too "trail" and the same issue with weight and 100mm fork compatibility.

There is a few others that I'm kinda overlooking. Bikes like the Orbea Oiz and the Fezzari Signal Peak come to mind. Who knows, maybe Turner's got a new bike around the corner lol.

Reactions: Zaf

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can't really go wrong with a list like that. Not Trek Top Fuel? Even with how it looks almost exactly like a Mach 4? Runs DW split pivot without calling it that as well.
Yeah, but Trek...

Feels too mainstream to me . Every race I rock up to I'm lined up next to a Trek or a Giant haha.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
You can't really go wrong with a list like that. Not Trek Top Fuel? Even with how it looks almost exactly like a Mach 4? Runs DW split pivot without calling it that as well.
Does the Trek pedal as well though? I put the Fuel up against the Trail 429 and the Fuel felt like a mushy turd climbing in comparison...I kinda feel the top fuel vs mach 4 would play out the same but cant confirm.

The Pivot DW really is something...

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New bushings turned up on Friday, direct from Turner themselves.

Being a wet and miserable day in general I thought I'd dig in and swap out the old ones in a last ditch hope to silence a creaking that's been doing my head in for far too long.

Removing the rear triangle was a simple affair and the old bushings pushed out without much fuss.

Old bushings and seals

Here's how the bushings get grease once it's all installed. There's an aluminium shaft that runs a spiral cutout to allow grease to track out to the bushes

New bushes and seals, ready to go in.

And all back together and running sweet. I bolted the bike onto the trainer and did an hour long v02 max workout and it was perfectly silent which is a good first sign. But I'll know for sure after a few ol more when I usually hear it creeping back to haunt me...fingers crossed