TURNER DHR build thread...UPDATED!!!!!

$$Clarkson$$

Likes Dirt
Well heres my tuner in piece's, unfortunatly its got a crack in the rear swing arm. So i have to send it away to turner to get repaired before i can get it painted and built up. But his couple picks to give you's an idea what it will look like..:)

Frame -08 turner dhr (medium)
Rear shock - dhx 5 (brand new)
Front shock/fork -boxxer w/c
Handlebars -FSA 777 flat bars
Stem - Loaded amx direct mount
Headset - hope
Grips - ODI
Saddle -tioga spider saddle
Seatpost - loaded x-lite
Front brake - elixir 5's
Rear brake - elixir 5's
Cranks - Race Face atlas's (170mm)
Chainguide - e-thirteen lg1
Chainring: old cheapo one painted, soon to be red e-thirteen
Chain - shimano xt
Pedals - deity decoy
Rear derailleur - sram x0 (short cage)
Rear shifter - sram x0
Cassette - Shimano CS-HG80 (11-28)
Front hub - hope pro II blue
Rear hub - hope pro II blue
Front rim - mtx 31
Rear rim - mtx 31
Spokes - dt swiss
Nipples - dt swiss
Tyres - maxxis minions slow reazy(2.5inch)
Total weight - 18.4kg :( for some weird reason

DSCF0189.jpg
all stripped
DSCF0203.jpg

now after waiting 2 months and 4 days this is what i recieve in the mail....
DSCF0228.jpg
DSCF0229.jpg
DSCF0233.jpg
DSCF0237.jpg
DSCF0238.jpg
DSCF0239.jpg
DSCF0240.jpg
ATTENTION!!!!! If anyone has a 400 or 450lbX3.25 spring they wanna sell and are going to yackandanda this weekend to race the vic series let me know. :)

Last edited:

macca21

Likes Dirt
not a fan of yellow personally.. BUT... if you like yellow, paint it yellow.... you'll have more fun a bike that YOU LIKE!
Sweet looking build too by the way, should be sweet!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I like the yellow ... something different. ... although I'm going through a burnt orange stage in my head at present

hopefully your happy with the Loaded stuff ... I reckon a red AMX Stem would have been nice too :)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I like the yellow ... something different. ... although I'm going through a burnt orange stage in my head at present

hopefully your happy with the Loaded stuff ... I reckon a red AMX Stem would have been nice too :)
orange is where it's at. :p

$$Clarkson$$

Likes Dirt
Dont paint it yellow.
haha maybe not, i may change my mind but the yellow thats in my head will look good
Cut that seat post!
i will once i get it built up, i dont wanna cut it now and it be to short.....
not a fan of yellow personally.. BUT... if you like yellow, paint it yellow.... you'll have more fun a bike that YOU LIKE!
Sweet looking build too by the way, should be sweet!
thanks macca, i think it should look good yellow, i may change my mind bout the colour but atm im thinking a good yellow. :)

thankyou Nerf Herder!!!! for the loaded parts they are really good components, cant wait to get the bike together with the loaded parts. yeah i agree the red stem would of looked better, owell i have it now :rolleyes:

I dare you to leave the seat post that long!

Should be a nice build :)
noway mate, it will be cut down a bit once the bike is built. :eek:

Ozza

Eats Squid
If you run tubeless you'll be sitting lighter than 17.5!
Build looks pretty nice, I have had my DHR for a while and got mine currently at 16.9 with 40's and ti rear spring but with heavy flats of my hardtail, so down to 16.7 when they go. Yours has x0 and significantly lighter forks so you should be able to get it in the 16's easily. The best advice I can give you is get your sag setup correct and run the rear rebound fairly slow, the rear end on these bikes are rediculously light and its pretty hard to get the bike weight balanced or centred. This way you will find the rear end is staying planted, dont be fooled by the porridge car park test.

$$Clarkson$$

Likes Dirt
If you run tubeless you'll be sitting lighter than 17.5!
Build looks pretty nice, I have had my DHR for a while and got mine currently at 16.9 with 40's and ti rear spring but with heavy flats of my hardtail, so down to 16.7 when they go. Yours has x0 and significantly lighter forks so you should be able to get it in the 16's easily. The best advice I can give you is get your sag setup correct and run the rear rebound fairly slow, the rear end on these bikes are rediculously light and its pretty hard to get the bike weight balanced or centred. This way you will find the rear end is staying planted, dont be fooled by the porridge car park test.
aw that sounds sweet, im excited bout how much it will actually weigh your probaly right but i dont think i will bother going tubeless, its so much hassel and money for me, but i'll just run some light weight presta tubes. i already no how to set it up, got heaps of info on setting up dhr's off NS dynastics when i purchased a shock off them. you should post yours up so i can see it. :)
not to sure about the yellow
goodluck with the build
thanks mate :)

$$Clarkson$$

Likes Dirt

Here you go, bit of inspiration.....Now has a 7" rear rotor!
haha very lovely bike there, i think i've seen you at a few vic series races?? barjarg? that bike looks dam good, only thing i dont like on it is the 40's they look to thick and big for the frame but just my opionino :eek:

jmurphy

Likes Dirt
haha very lovely bike there, i think i've seen you at a few vic series races?? barjarg? that bike looks dam good, only thing i dont like on it is the 40's they look to thick and big for the frame but just my opionino :eek:
Who cares what they look like when they work sick!