Turner DHR

kjekabsons

Likes Dirt
Currently have a giant glory 0 2012. Considering purchasing a new turner DHR frame, have no clue what year model since they rarely specify. Can get the frame from 1600 from America, seems like a fairly good price. There are very little reviews on the web about the DHR. But I like the linkage, and the simple look. Does anyone own this frame/bike or tried this frame or know anything about it and can give me some adivce about buying this frame. Probably sell my glory frame and swap the parts onto the new frame.

haltz

Likes Dirt
Got a mate with one he loves it, they've got a sick geometry super stable at speed, he finds it can be a bit of a handful in stupidly tight corners but so can my scalp, the linkage makes them a bike you need to be smooth they're unforgiving if you try and plough shit on them

dl79

Likes Dirt
The DHR is an amazing bike and that price is a bargain. Do it and you won't regret it.

binner

Hath shat hymself
old or new

Currently have a giant glory 0 2012. Considering purchasing a new turner DHR frame, have no clue what year model since they rarely specify. Can get the frame from 1600 from America, seems like a fairly good price. There are very little reviews on the web about the DHR. But I like the linkage, and the simple look. Does anyone own this frame/bike or tried this frame or know anything about it and can give me some adivce about buying this frame. Probably sell my glory frame and swap the parts onto the new frame.

what linkage is it bloke.......

binner

Hath shat hymself
turn back time

They use DW Link. I have one, love it so low and stable you won't regret it.
err, yes the newer models do...........
DW= dave weagle
Horst linkage = Horst Leikner or something like that, can never remember the spelling

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
err, yes the newer models do...........
DW= dave weagle
Horst linkage = Horst Leikner or something like that, can never remember the spelling
Horst Leitner, he is the dude that invented what we now know as FSR. I thought most of the older DHRs were single pivot not FSR Anyhow I really like the DW Link bikes so at $1600 I wouldn't hesitate.

kjekabsons

Likes Dirt
Horst Leitner, he is the dude that invented what we now know as FSR. I thought most of the older DHRs were single pivot not FSR Anyhow I really like the DW Link bikes so at $1600 I wouldn't hesitate.
Just the frame by the way, is that still a good price ?

binner

Hath shat hymself
fire eye

these things punch you out of berms,low BB, easy to move around, sweet ride, and I find myself after a 3 yr hiatis I have returned to a DHR.

all done.

Attachments

d00d

Squid
As an '08 DHR owner, i love how the bike rides and handles. But I'm not buying another DHR until Turner move the rear shock to a more protected location. On the '08 frame, where the linkage connects to the rear is a "bowl" to collect all sorts of stuff from the trail and its impossible to clean without disconnecting the linkage.