Twin Peaks Downhill 23/9/07

bunya_DH

Likes Dirt
The race i believe is on this weekend..whos racing??can anyone say anything about the tracks..ive heard they are really technical but any other info??

thanks

nathan

First is basically rocks, rocks and more rocks. The second is a bit faster with a lot more berms, but its bloody tight, drifty and dusty. The bottom section of the second is fun as its bloody fast and drifty. Too bad i snapped my freaking ankle, i was really excited.

The tracks are fairly short. Under 3 minutes each if my memory is correct.
I didn’t get it on camera as i was just mucking around, i didn’t even stack. just bent my ankle 90 degrees and then kinda tumbled.

I was going to hit it but have to work for dad this weekend.

Shall be hitting the next one on the 7th though. Really looking forward to it. :D

I think that was when they were planning on running the October one, there will also be one in November. mmmmm smelly armour.

They sent an email out which had the dates of the next races.

There was one on the 7th October, and another in September sometime

can't wait to test out the new bike.... hope they have the new tracks up and running by the next race on the 7th

not sure about the tracks.. but ive been hearing few stories about the traps.. guess we'll find out sunday...

So what's the chances of this race tomorow with this rain, Had a quick look on the bureau and canungra has had a little bit, anyone live close to the track to give a report ???

Bureau Of Meteorology said:
Gold Coast/Tweed Heads
Forecast for Saturday Evening
Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Mostly light to moderate SE winds
before a moderate to fresh southerly change extending northwards this evening.

Forecast for Sunday
Showers near the coast. Moderate to fresh S to SE winds, easing during the
afternoon.

I guess we should be all good as long is it stays to the coast

Back