two possible jump sites

zane 2229

Likes Dirt
hi guys,

ive been riding bmx since i was 10 and now im just starting to take it a little bit more seriously.

im particulary interested in these two areas located in the sutherland shire.

if anyone knows these places, please do not say it on the forum.

jump site 1 , is on a small cliff surrounded by trees but is next to a scout hall and a footy field.

jump site two is in a large park in some bushes and is perfect for building.
but the park is taken over by the farking bush care and in the trail you can see the road.

here are a few pics.

which site is the go?

cheers

zane.

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't go site 1 because they're not hidden at all and will get knocked down very quickly

Have you got any pics for site 2

Last edited:

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
If it was me, I'd definatley keep looking.

You'll need to compromise, longer ride but better spot and also, you NEED to remember, if you build on someone else's land, your building on borrowed time. Everyone needs to remember that.

zane 2229

Likes Dirt
yeah problem is that theres absoultly no place to ride where i live. the closest skatepark is 20 minutes away and oldies have farked things up once again and done volunterinan bush work in all my local parks and reserves, but this is probably my best bet.

the pics dont give these place the best justice but ill upload a video of the second one.

thanks for the constructive critism gluey, ill keep that in mind though.

zane 2229

Likes Dirt
ok sweet, i can make up a couple of lines too.

the thing im quite pleased about its i can make alot of natural stuff using large rocks as jumps.

{|DAN|}

Likes Dirt
Site 2 is definately the better option out of the two.
But as Will (gluey) said it may be a better idea to keep looking even if it means a longer ride to your spot.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it was me, I'd definatley keep looking.

You'll need to compromise, longer ride but better spot and also, you NEED to remember, if you build on someone else's land, your building on borrowed time. Everyone needs to remember that.
Quick question; i'm unaware of any "unowned" land anywhere, and constantly view any digging as work on borrowed land/time. What type of land are you referring too?

dcrofty

Eats Squid
but the park is taken over by the farking bush care and in the trail you can see the road.
That's me! I work for the Bushland section of Sutho Council. Good to hear that our job of looking after whats left of the Aussie bush is appreciated.

Mate, any digging you do in a Bushcare site is on borrowed time and would be a waste of effort on your part. Its a tough lesson and I know that you just want to ride your bike but that's the way it is at the moment.

Best thing you can do is write a letter to your local councillor requesting that council build some dirt jumps somewhere. I know for a fact that there are a couple of staff in parts of council that are aware of the need for some jumps and every time they get a letter it goes on file so that when they need to they can pull all the letters out to show how much demand there is for it.

Arete

Likes Dirt
I know from working with them, Bushcare will go fucking nuts if they find your trail on their regen site. It won't last 2 seconds and the council will be involved.

- beaten to it by dcrofty, good work by the way man, but bushcare + urban bushland is like pushing shit uphill. Respect for those who can fight that losing battle.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Quick question; i'm unaware of any "unowned" land anywhere, and constantly view any digging as work on borrowed land/time. What type of land are you referring too?
What I mean is, If it isn't your own land or you aren't building with permission you must expect that the trails will inevitably be knocked down.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
try and get some better and bigger pics of site 2, in the mean time keep looking in other places and go off roads into the bush a fair bit because you dont want to do all the hard work then get it knocked down because you built to close to houses or sporting fields.