STOLEN TwoFour Moon - Canberra (again)

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was going for stolen because he said he wanted the $300 that he paid for the cranks

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got off the phone with Nowra police - completely useless! Got transferred through 4 different people - the same girl 3 times - and ended up being told "sorry there mustn't be anyone in today who can help you"

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Give them another call and ask to speak with the officer in charge/OIC - see if you get any further.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Tell them the bike has been seen in Nowra doing burn outs whilst fitted with an aftermarket exhaust.....you'll have 6 cars, PolAir and SOG there in 10mins.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can definitely see a bit of red on the stem, you can see black paint on the fork seal, and it's got the same tyres etc. Definitely your bike. Just hope you can follow up whoever has it if it's been sold already.

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got off the phone with Nowra police - completely useless! Got transferred through 4 different people - the same girl 3 times - and ended up being told "sorry there mustn't be anyone in today who can help you"
Time to take matters into your own hands

craigjones

Likes Bikes
Just had a look through that group "BIKES BMX BUY AND SELL". I would say that a fair amount of the bikes on there are stolen. Someone on there is selling an Apollo hardtail with gears, but has described it as a single speed downhill bike, kinda makes me wonder :wacko: Not sure if it would be worth it, but there is a fella on there called Michael Turner (who must be a moderator, as he has accepted most of the members). Possibly message him and see if he can help you in anyway?

Good luck with it mate. Hope you get it back.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Post has been removed from the facebook group and the only copy I have is a low quality greyscale printout...fuck.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
sounds like he's one step ahead of you..looks a bit dodgy if it has been removed only days after you sniffed him down. maybe if you get another lead, keep it to yourself, he may just be on RB!

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone mates with a cop or transport depot in that state? Do a sneaky address look up?

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saved the .html file of the post on facebook. Clever me :)

Talked to nowra police, talked to canberra police, talked to NSW police. None of them can do anything. I think all I have left available to me is to just report it stolen in Nowra - telling them I was from Canberra did nothing but confuse them and hope it turns up.

downhillar

Likes Dirt
It may be too late but I would propose that you pretend you want to buy the bike off him, and go to his house with a couple of your mates. Check the serial number on the bike and tell him you're taking it with you because it was yours.

This is probably illegal and dangerous etc, everyone else who posts in this thread is going to tell you that I'm an idiot and not to do this but realistically the police aren't going to do anything and neither is anyone else. You don't have to start a fight with the guy, just try and talk to him, tell him the police are already involved and hopefully he'll just pass it up. Otherwise ask your mates to jump out of the car and give you a hand. Wouldn't be a bad idea to cover your number plates etc.

Like I said, everyone will tell you that I'm an idiot and that you shouldn't take the law into your own hands, I guess it depends how much that bike is really worth to you.

Good luck.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
get his address, go around there, ring up the cops and tell them that you are held up hostage in a doughnut shop, give them the addy, when they turn up swat style, fuck off with the bike when he's not looking!
I tell you , it can't fail!

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
makes me wonder if a call to ACA style show would help. they love this type of shit. as much crap as it is. maybe it would shed some light on the sale of stolen bikes. Urge most people to photograph bike, change a few parts to make it look somewhat "custom" and if possible insure it on your home n contents!