type of tyres

Neon

Likes Dirt
I was just wondering wether it would be weird, or stupid, to run different types of tyres at the front and back.
I was thinking of having maxxis ridgelines at the back and some form of knobly tyre at the front.
Is this stupid to have or is it a good idea, if so which tyres would you recomend? and if not, which tyre/s would you recomend?
I ride at stromlo which is pretty dusty but kind of hardpack. just to give you a little idea of what type of tyre i need.
Thanks

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ian, for hard pack, you don't want a super knobbly tyre (like a minion). I suggest a maxxis crossmark or a Larsen TT.
In the way of WTB i would say a Nano raptor or a Vulpine.

There is nothing wrong with running two different tyres front and back. At the moment i have a minion slow reezaay 40A on the front and a Kenda Nevgal on the rear. Both 2.5". This combo is alright but i think i will get another minion for the rear. The minion is the best tyre i have ever ridden, but it is mostly used in muddy/sand soils. But can really be used any ware.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damm good idea champ;)
I ride mostly hardpack & loose over hardpack and find a 2.35 super
tacky Highroller excellent for the front and 2.35 Larsen tt good for the
rear both maxxis. Basicly good side knobs for grip and good cornering
for front and fast rolling with some grip on the rear but the choice in tyres
is more of a personal thing, find what works for you and go with it

Neon

Likes Dirt
alright sweet thanks guys. i just went out and got a ridgeline maxxis for the rear and im going to stick with my scorpions on the front (which i will eventually replace for something better).
i havnt gone for a ride on them yet but i cant wait. Thanks