Tyres?

pienano

Likes Bikes
hey guys,
just wondering what tyres you use or what you think are the best for Dirt jumps.
I know someone has probably posted something similar to this but iv had a quick scan and couldnt find anything.
cheers any help will be appreciated.

Sgt. Tangent

Likes Bikes
I think k rads retail for less, but fall apart more often. You get what you pay for mate, go with the holy rollers.

pascal

Likes Dirt
They're popular because they're found on stock bikes as they're cheaper. Some of the more high-end bikes come stock with schwalbe table top's on them.
I would go for Schwalbe as they're lighter.
I have a kenda small block eight on the rear also and it is even lighter and has heaps of grip!

savtraxx

Banned
holly rollers last for ages and are sick for street and hard dirt. and they weigh in at 425 grams compared to the micro knobbly's that are 780 or sumthn. bleh.

EDIT

tabletops: 590g
holly roller 425g.

hmm..

Last edited:

DHZILLA

Likes Dirt
holly rollers last for ages and are sick for street and hard dirt. and they weigh in at 425 grams compared to the micro knobbly's that are 780 or sumthn. bleh.

EDIT

holly roller 425g.

hmm..
Holy Rollers last for ages and I rarely seem to get a puncture with them. Come to think of it I think I have only had 1 puncture in the last 9 years running them.

pascal

Likes Dirt

EDIT

holly roller 425g.

hmm..
Holly roller's are not 425! You probably got that off the CRC website, as I used to think they were that weight, but that is the weight for like the 20 or 24" tyre. We have holly rollers at work, the 2.2 tyres are 800 grams and the 2.4 are 860.

My schwalbe tabletop is 590 grams and the folding 1.95 kenda small block eight is around 440 grams! Has plenty of grip too.

Last edited:

carpo

Likes Bikes
for something diffrent, go for a set of geax tattos in the white version i reckon the look pimped as