Ultimate Mid Air Bail !! (Not for the weak of heart)

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all.
This is a video Of my Older brother (David/Bigcal2233).
He crashed pretty bad late last week and we happened to have it on video.
He did bail out, came out with broken derailer, twisted chain, grazed elbows, grazed stomach and cronic bruise to the knee. :eek:

None the less hes fine and out Clubbing right now !! :D
Check it out for yourself.
Rate it from: 1-10

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2vEZMV0OU8c

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it just me or is that another language? And did he bail because of the dog? I've always found staying on the bike hurts less.

swyer

Likes Dirt
????

what was he thinking, trying to seat bounce?

ill give him a 7 for someone being able to eject on take off...

Roachie

Squid
Thats one pretty rad stack.:cool:
Good to know hes all good and going again though.
I say lucky he was wearing that helmet..

Pete J

loves his dog
Gnarly crash but he didn't really bail i reckon, he was just ejected off the bike.
Bailing means that you have a say in the matter, whereas here he was always gonna go flying anyway.
7 for me.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It wasnt the dog. He would of cleared the dog by atleast 5ft.

He did kinda bailed. But his pants got caught on the seat as he preloaded from the upramp, so it bucked him forward, since his pants got caught he couldnt kinda run it out and landed leg first instead of face.

I guess it gives you an idea but thats how David felt it !

floody

Wheel size expert
Ouch!

Best mid-air bail I've seen was a guy our moto shop sponsored bailing mid air over a big double at Avalon in a supercross race as there was a pileup on the landing. Pindrop to ground, massive ankle damage and two broken heels. I think it ended up being a good 8m or so off the deck when he bailed at the top of the arc.

smiddy_09

Likes Bikes
Wow that was quite a casing. i didnt know dh'rs seats came with ejectors??? well, at least he didnt land on his head.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would of been glad for the knee pads, looks like he just got bounced out of position. That little bump in the run up looked a bit sketch as well.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Classic nasty rear wheel kicker.
I it a 7 - because of the speed.
Glad to hear injuries were minimal. They're the best stacks.

(Once upon a time, we used to wear full body armour... wasn't a DH'er out there without a full Dainese suit.
I guess that's not cool anymore.)