underage drinking

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
well im 17, but i've looked 18+ for awhile..so i can usually buy it myself

funny thing happened at the Bushfire Enduro appeal(awesome job guys), i won a raffle...handed me a bottle of wine. i was like "i dont drink?" oh well, well, not wine

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
im 16 nearly 17 and ive been buying my own grog for nearly 2 years, all bar people and bottle o guys think im 18 or older, its great.
im in the same boat as you, my local bottle-o are going down the dunny and dont check Id, the one a bit further down the road dont bother asking 90% of the time, and if they do ask you go... aw shiite. hang on ill be back in a giffie.
ha ha

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
best thing to do when you do turn 18 and they ask for id is to say "yep ill be back in a sec" and actually come back. and when you turn up the shop owner is like aww what a waste of time. so funny

Joy

Likes Dirt
Some mates and I hired a room at a Coolangatta hotel on Saturday night. The 5 of us got pretty rowdy and someone called the cops (at 8pm :mad:). One officer and FOUR guys from the Liquor Act showed up thinking they were going to bust us for underage drinking. When they realised we were 20 they were very red faced and ended up joking about the whole thing.
God I hate ridiculous noise complaints though. There were 5 of us, sitting on the balcony singing songs with a guitar. The noise from the club downstairs was nearly louder. Who rings up at 8pm on a Saturday night?!

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know this thread has passed down a couple of pages, but I figured it would be a good place to show my disgust at certain underage drinking and find other peoples oppinions on the matter.

So I was at school the other day, and I was walking behind two year 8s. Year 8s, all of either 12 or 13 years old. They were boasting about how many beers they can take before they spew. WTF is up with this? If they get into this habit at that age they are seriously going to fuck their brain developement. Now, I don't really care to much about them doing it to themselves (darwinism and all) but thats a pretty terrible thought process at that age. Even now, where most of my mates are 17 and 18, we don't go and get absoloutely hammered till the point we spew and think that however many drinks it took us decided how manly we are. Hell, I don't even drink (by choice), but my mates do, and I don't mind. But at least they do it sensibly, none of this macho macho bullshit.

So, Farkin, what the hell is the world coming to? And is it common for people that age to be thinking like that?

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know this thread has passed down a couple of pages, but I figured it would be a good place to show my disgust at certain underage drinking and find other peoples oppinions on the matter.

So I was at school the other day, and I was walking behind two year 8s. Year 8s, all of either 12 or 13 years old. They were boasting about how many beers they can take before they spew. WTF is up with this? If they get into this habit at that age they are seriously going to fuck their brain developement. Now, I don't really care to much about them doing it to themselves (darwinism and all) but thats a pretty terrible thought process at that age. Even now, where most of my mates are 17 and 18, we don't go and get absoloutely hammered till the point we spew and think that however many drinks it took us decided how manly we are. Hell, I don't even drink (by choice), but my mates do, and I don't mind. But at least they do it sensibly, none of this macho macho bullshit.

So, Farkin, what the hell is the world coming to? And is it common for people that age to be thinking like that?
Times have changed, and quickly. only 3 years ago i was in grade 8 and i would never ever have thought oh yeah im gonna go get maggottt!

The bad thing is that if they do that every weekend, it cant be good if their main aim is to yak.

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
I go out every now and then with mates to parties etc maybe have 6-7 beers, few rummies and thats it... Fine after that. Only time I've been drunk off my tits was NYE this/last year, cant remember parts of the night... At least some hot chick was with me?
6-7 beers + a bit of rum, and fine afterward?

I'm built like a twig so 2-3 full-strength beers will have me a bit tipsy, and from then I'll hit the water/coke/whatever, regardless of who's still drinking what. The comfortable, relaxed, cheerful state of being a little tipsy is the best part anyway.

JBtheDestroyer

Cannon Fodder
Underage learning

I'm poasting as a 17 year old who has been drinking rum for a cupple of hours now. I recon drink like most things is fun if you know you limits and keep a level head while doing so. Yes i have been served at a bottle shop and pub but i don't see a problem with drinking underage as long as you are well behaved and not too sloppy.Mostly all of my mates drink, all of us go out and have a good time. The main thing that gives me the shits is people who get rolling drunk and do stupard shit and wreck it for others.:mad:

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
17 soon and have an older brother who's almost 19.
He buys me stuff, but i dont find the point of absolutely getting shit faced every weekend just for the sake of it.
If i am getting sweet maggot it's got to be for some type of good cause !
I get over it. Better things to do...

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Wow, I didn't realise there was a stupid ****ing rule regarding that.

For ****'s sake. If it's hot out, and I want my beer to maintain temperature, when I'm holding I hold it by the neck to minimise heat loss, ie least surface area in contact possible. That is if a stubby holder is not available. Keeping your hand wrapped around the midsection of a glass bottle with no insulation is a sure way to heat it up.

If I'm drinking a good beer, I'll drink it from a glass. You can't get all preachy with stubby holding technique when beers are best consumed from a glass.
LJohn knows whats up. The beer holding technique defiantly depends on how warm/cold everything is. And beer ALWAYS tastes better out of a glass.

Back on topic, I work in a bottle shop, and most of the time it's parents buying it for their kids that are the most blatant. Especially when the kid chooses the booze, then the parent pays for it. Legally, we have to deny them of course. But I'd say the most successful one would be older siblings who come in by themselves to buy it. Nothing we can do about that really...Oh, and it's pretty obvious who the underage kids are. Buy a goon sack, or some passion pop, and i'll hassle you big time for id.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
LJohn knows whats up. The beer holding technique defiantly depends on how warm/cold everything is. And beer ALWAYS tastes better out of a glass.

Back on topic, I work in a bottle shop, and most of the time it's parents buying it for their kids that are the most blatant. Especially when the kid chooses the booze, then the parent pays for it. Legally, we have to deny them of course. But I'd say the most successful one would be older siblings who come in by themselves to buy it. Nothing we can do about that really...Oh, and it's pretty obvious who the underage kids are. Buy a goon sack, or some passion pop, and i'll hassle you big time for id.
I was under the impression that you are allowed to sell to parents when the kids are there, even if the kid does pick out the drink. I was with mum in a bottle shop buying some Beers for a house warming party (I wasn't drinking them). I picked them out cause she has no idea about beer. When we bought them I was about to present ID (I'm overage) but the attendant said don't bother because mum was there. THe attendant said if there is a clear relationship between adult and child they are allowed to sell it.

Also, when I buy alcohol, I seem to get ID'd based on the quality of what I buy. First time I was overage I bought two cases (grolsch and blue tongue) and the attendant didn't ask for Id. I was cut cause I could finally buy legally and the guy didn't care. But, later that week I bought some double blacks and I was asked for ID straight away. So it seems buying copious amounts of nice alcohol and they don't care, but cheap stuff and Id is demanded straight away. I guess the sterotype fits but it is still funny

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
So it seems buying copious amounts of nice alcohol and they don't care, but cheap stuff and Id is demanded straight away. I guess the sterotype fits but it is still funny
Double Blacks...cheap? Luckily I don't drink them. But yeah, same thing, I bought a sixer of Cascade on my birthday, no i.d. required.

If the bottle shop attendant suspects that the person is buying on behalf of a minor, they need to deny them, cos they'll cop a fine for it otherwise.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Double Blacks...cheap? Luckily I don't drink them. But yeah, same thing, I bought a sixer of Cascade on my birthday, no i.d. required.

If the bottle shop attendant suspects that the person is buying on behalf of a minor, they need to deny them, cos they'll cop a fine for it otherwise.
Yeah I went through a drivethrough the other day with a car full of friends. I was the only one buying but the guy ID'd us all

| D | M | R |

Likes Dirt
Firstly, I haven't read the whole thread but WHY ask the question on how people get it on a public forum which has members of all ages?

Secondly, Im 16 in a month and a bit, yes I drink. I don't do it to go get smashed and then wake up the next morning not being able to remember what happened... I do it with mates or family.

Thirdly, IMO Work it out for yourself... everyone else does...

My 2c^^^

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There supposed to ask for I.D if you look under 25. Needless to say they don't follow this to strictly. If I need alcohol getting it yourself myself isn't to hard. Really I don't care what the younger generations are doing as long as it makes them infertile so they can't have babies.