UNE 12 hrs in the Piney, Armidale

10th March 2012, 10am to 10pm NEMTB in conjunction with naming sponsor Univeristy of New England is holding the UNE 12 hrs in the Piney at Armidale. The 11km course has featured in AMB and MBA.
Check out event details on:

https://sites.google.com/site/une12hoursinthepiney/ or www.nemtb.com.au

The race is shaping up to be a great event, at a great location in a relaxed, easy going environment.

If you can't get a leave pass, bring the family with you and they can go to the 'Day on the Green' on the same day, with Noiseworks, Choirboys and other classic Aussie bands. For details on this check http://www.adayonthegreen.com.au

50burn

Squid
I love this track, such a great layout and crew. I saw on their facebook page that the trail fairies have built even more trails.

Would highly recommend this!

Yes, one month out and the track fairies are still hard at work making sure all is sweet. Mini excavator booked this weekend to make sure drainage is under control (and put in a few more tech bits :) ) just in case this rain keeps up.

Solo men's prize locked in

The prize money for First place in Solo Men's has been locked in at $500 !.

The track fairies have finished and it is looking a treat with new lines and features to make sure everyone's lap finishes with a smile.

peteranthem

Cannon Fodder
Jason English has confirmed he's competing in the UNE 12 Hour

Check out the details on the front page of www.nemtb.com.au . He's coming straight from the Mountains to the Beach and then a day later slipping in a UNE 12 hour!

Also there are rumours that the Warburton bros, Jeff Gilcrest, and this time their are bringing a fourth gun, are heading up. These guys took out the teams of four with only 3 riders last year.

The Armidale track is DRY!!!!

The weather in Armidale has been great with almost no rain in recent weeks. The Piney track is dry. And the forecast is good for next week. I know the southern parts of NSW and Vic have been flooded out, but it's perfect for mountain biking up here. All is good. Bring on the UNE 12 Hour!!

gbear

Likes Bikes
rode this this morning, very nice and fast. new trails are very nicely done, the boys deserve a big pat on the back for their hard work.!

ja_har

Likes Dirt
Trail

Any update on the rain/trail conditions in the Piney??
As of 10 pm tonight trail is looking sweet, very little rain in weeks. Lots of trail fairy work so some new sections and good weather forecast the rest of the week. All looking good for a great race.

Dry up north

By the sound of it, while the south of the state getting flogged with flooding rains it is still dry up here. Head north and you won't be disappointed. Check latest updates through www.nemtb.com.au. Plenty of camping available and sweet dry trails.

Opposite Lock

Likes Bikes
2013 event

I have just dropped an entry for the 2013 version of this event......23rd March.

Anyone else heading up to Armidale ????

I have not ridden / raced over there yet....anyone got idea on elevation change......general track conditions, etc...?????

Hard tail or dually country ?????

disappearin

Likes Dirt
Ill be there. This is my local track. We've added a new section this year and have a new transition area with power, water etc. I'd suggest a dually although I will be on my ht as its my only bike at the moment. Track has a fair amount of rocky, tree root covered tech sections linked with some fast, flowing single track. It has a few good A lines to test your skills, all with b lines around them for the less experienced. Elevation wise it will be roughly the same as this http://app.strava.com/segments/1024042 with a few extra k's added in. If your up this way early I'd be happy to show you the track.

oriion

Likes Dirt
We have 3 maybe 4 teams from the university entering this year. The transition zone in the charlston willows will be handy too. Hope there's no trolls hiding under the bridge ;)

ja_har

Likes Dirt
UNE 12 hour in the Piney

Track is riding great, new sections are bed in after 50 locals tackled it in a shortened 4 lap race. The new 'Rock' A line is a worthy pay off for those with the skills to tackle it and the new under road sections were fun.

Looking forward to a great event and great atmosphere based on the last 2 years. Hearing rumours of cash prizes in most categories as well.

All details http://www.12hoursinthepiney.com.au/