updating my xc or buying a 125?

Fritta

Likes Dirt
hi guys, well its getting close to my bday and i was thinking about either updating my xc rig (an old gt pantera with aluminium frame), or going the whole way and buying either a 03 norco 125 or an 04?
i was thinking of updating my frame to a kona stuff? what are your guys ideas. ive got shimano U brakes, rock shocks indy SL forks, and sup rims. (if that helps) thx for any help or advice guys. :)

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
get the 125....

they are sick bikes and they are reasomably cheap !!

then you will be set up with a strong bike that will last a while !!

Mommers

Likes Dirt
Here's the pic of the 2004 125. Looks sweet, notice the extra gusseting on the rear triangle

And i think they are DJ1's

CHEWY

Eats Squid
yea id wait for the 04 125, or if ur to impatient, get the 03.... doesnt look like theres much difference anyway.

rnt those 03 forks on it anyway?

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:
yea id wait for the 04 125, or if ur to impatient, get the 03.... doesnt look like theres much difference anyway.

rnt those 03 forks on it anyway?
yeah what he saud, there probably aren't any 03's left anyway... and they are 03 forks..

wombat

Lives in a hole
Definately go the whole hog. The fact that you're looking at a new frame is a good indication of that. New forks would also have to be on the top of your list, the Indy's are very outclasses by current offerings. As for the brakes, u-brakes won't even fit on the same mounts so you'd be up for some vees at least. SUPs aren't shocking, but if you try and hunt all the stuff down seperately you'll end up blowing way more dosh than you need to. Trying to build up a bike out of old and new parts is never easy either.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
03s are still "left" in stock. and have dropped to 1499 instead of 1699, bargin, get one.

dont fart around with the xc bike- will cost too much to get nice.

If you only have a grand- check out the norco RYDE, very nice for the money, there is a review in the latest Freewheel mag.

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
i nearly didn't even check this thread cause i knew what the overwhelming response would be....
I did - and i agree...go the 125 for sure.