Upgrading my Bike.

willz013

Likes Bikes
Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my STP1, and have decided to to put Pike 409's up on the front. What I need help with is wheel choice. I am a little guy, weigh 40-50kg and learning DH and do alot of DJ. So not that smooth. I was looking at the Sun MTX and I like the look of them, especially in chrome. My price range is about $200-$230 on rims. Also for a front hub, and like the look and price of this one from FTR:

Cheers,

Will

Last edited:

Randy Rhoads

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mavic EX721's are very strong rims. You can get a ceramic version to which I think lasts longer. They're around $120 each

norco_rival_06

Likes Bikes
da bomb

mate personally i would go with the complete da bomb 26" racing front wheel its only $240. not too far over your budget. i've ridden one on my bike before:) but had to sell it sadly:( but yeh deffinitly woth the money

willz013

Likes Bikes
mate personally i would go with the complete da bomb 26" racing front wheel its only $240. not too far over your budget. i've ridden one on my bike before:) but had to sell it sadly:( but yeh deffinitly woth the money
Yeah, I'd definitely go that setup, but I meant Just rims, front and rear. Eg. MTX=$115 ea.X2=$230. I have room in my budget for spokes/labour etc. If only I had more money:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Will

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
um,dont get pikes,i don't really know the reason why i say this,besides them being an all mountain fork.save some more money and get some better rims.if your keen to save up to $500 you can get a set of mag 30's with ringle' abbah dh hubs with dt swiss comp spokes from torpedo7.if you wanted a rim build it will end up costing alot.i find no point of having killer rims and spokes with a standard hub.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
dont listen to fleshbone and get pikes! they are pretty much the greatest DJ/street fork aver made (suspension) i have heard maybe 1 or 2 complaints about them since they were first conceived in the bowels of the RS HQ