Upgrading to a float x or monarch plus rc3 on a Norco carbon sight?

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Had a chat to Cane Creek the other day. I was curious as to why they don't have recommendations for the double barrel and db CS for the Norco sight carbon.
Well they got back to me very quickly and indicated that neither will fit the bike.

I was a bit disappointed by that.

So I am wondering if anyone has had any success with any other good quality reservoir shock -- such as the float X
or rockshox version of a reservoir shock?

THanks!!!

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
Norco website says no

The Norco website for the Sight states that the frame set will not fit a shock with a reservoir.

Below is the text from the website

Sight 27.5 carbon main frame and seatstay, aluminum chainstay, 140 mm travel (frame will not accept shocks with external reservoir)

If you try it you might kiss your warranty goodbye

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
The Norco website for the Sight states that the frame set will not fit a shock with a reservoir.

Below is the text from the website

Sight 27.5 carbon main frame and seatstay, aluminum chainstay, 140 mm travel (frame will not accept shocks with external reservoir)

If you try it you might kiss your warranty goodbye
OUCH. Did not see that. Have not got the bike yet. A bit crap if it wont fit a fairly standard shock... well almost standard shock...

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same with my 2014 gt sensor, great bike and all but anything with a reservoir will not fit, although the ctd from 2013 to 2014 was a massive improvement, and people like nsdynamics and tekin can help you with tunes etc

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Maybe email Norco. I did when looking at the same shock. The bike is a 2013 Sight killer b. here's the reply:

"You are looking for a 7.875*2.25" rear shock (200 x 57mm). The XV will work best and the Float X will also work quite well. The float X will not work on an extra small frame though.

Cheers,

Norco"

No idea if the carbon frame is any different, or if some frame sizes can squeeze it in.