uploading vids on rotorbolts

enjoi

Likes Bikes
hey ive noticed a few people are having a problem uploading their video's onto rotorbolts.

My question is, how long does it take most people to load. Once i click 'submit' it starts loading as a normal page would. But it dosnt ever seem to be able to finish loading. Its been like this for about 2 hours now...

How long would you expect a 3 and a half min video in WMA format to load?

thanks

patto_15

Wheel size expert
i uploaded a 19meg movie a while ago and the window froze after about 30min.. shut it down went back in and it was there (uploaded completely) It was wierd to if you give it time and then close it or something it might be there...

patto_15

Wheel size expert
enjoi said:
hey ive noticed a few people are having a problem uploading their video's onto rotorbolts.

My question is, how long does it take most people to load. Once i click 'submit' it starts loading as a normal page would. But it dosnt ever seem to be able to finish loading. Its been like this for about 2 hours now...

How long would you expect a 3 and a half min video in WMA format to load?

thanks
Is your login name Jordan on rotorbolts? If so the file was loaded up...

demo man

Used to be cool.
seriously though, could someone tell me where the upload button is? i can't find it when using either IE or firefox.

demo man

Used to be cool.
patto_15 said:
http://www.rotorbolts.com/farkinvideo/categories.php?cat_id=2

in the right hand corner above the vid icons there should be a link saying upload...

hope that helps
cheers mate.

there's obviously something up with my computer, as all i see in that area is a box with a red 'X' in it, and it will with no amount of clicking do anything.

eengoglieoogeeiagh\e......whatever....will have to do until i get my own server up. problem is it's limited to 52MB - so i can't make a HQ version...

in other news, my Thredbo Video will be up in the morning (will upload over night and post it in tyhe mornin'!) - i hope!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
How did you manage to even post here :p
You have to be logged in before you attempt to click on the upload link.

I've been working on making a status bar for the upload, but there seems to be no easy way. I also planned to hook up FTP uploading. Perhaps when I find a server with some more grunt. The current server seems to timeout on larger files.

The only way a new server that could handle more load would be possible is increased advertising on the site, even to the extent of popups. How would the users of this service feel about that?

demo man

Used to be cool.
j5ive said:
How did you manage to even post here :p
You have to be logged in before you attempt to click on the upload link.

I've been working on making a status bar for the upload, but there seems to be no easy way. I also planned to hook up FTP uploading. Perhaps when I find a server with some more grunt. The current server seems to timeout on larger files.

The only way a new server that could handle more load would be possible is increased advertising on the site, even to the extent of popups. How would the users of this service feel about that?
not very fussed at all myself, i like advertising to an extent anyway, it doesn't make me feel overwhelmed or pressured. sometimes it's interesting.

i was logged in, still no upload button. i've probably got some encription service turned on or off or something that stops the page from working 'proper-like'.

demo man

Used to be cool.
woohoo! it works now!

but, alas, i don't have time to upload it now anyway - i'm leaving until Wednesday in about 10-15 mins....:(

oh well, at least it's sorted for next time. thanks a heap mate.

enjoi

Likes Bikes
Im still getting the same problem.
What format would you recommend for these files, I'm using WMA.
Its a 3 and a half minute long movie with a song, and its currently at 8.3MB...I'm not sure if thats normal.

Is there anything else you guys do to make the files smaller, or faster to load, thanks

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
What sort of internet connection do you have? A wmv would be a more desirable file format.