urgent how do i install the tuff neck qr converter?

djfr

Likes Dirt
i got my new wheels today but i dont know how to fit the 10mm qr converter on my tuff neck front hub i think im supposed to cut down the 20mm axle and screw the two bolt type things in etc but im not sure any ideas?

a.davis12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dont cut down anything, that is wrong. i dont know what is right, but when you have to cut things down its never right. was the conversion kit made for the hubs?

djfr

Likes Dirt
dont cut down anything, that is wrong. i dont know what is right, but when you have to cut things down its never right. was the conversion kit made for the hubs?

yes the conversion kit was made for the hubs the parts in it were standard qr axle 10mm qr axle that had on it 2 bolts that screw in to the thread of the 20 mm axle that also came in the kit the only problem is the 20 mm axle is too long and there is no other spacers etc in the kit so the only possible way i can see it being done is to cut down the 20mm axle to the corrrect length so its basically used as spacer ??? im just checking before i cut anything

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
yes the conversion kit was made for the hubs the parts in it were standard qr axle 10mm qr axle that had on it 2 bolts that screw in to the thread of the 20 mm axle that also came in the kit the only problem is the 20 mm axle is too long and there is no other spacers etc in the kit so the only possible way i can see it being done is to cut down the 20mm axle to the corrrect length so its basically used as spacer ??? im just checking before i cut anything
most conversion kits have the 20mm part that screws off first and then you screw your QR ones into that thread. do your 20mm parts have flat edges for a spanner to undo them? id be looking that option first. cutting doesnt sound right.

20mm is normally 110mm whilst qr runs at 100mm.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
take the 2 hub flanges off and just screw the converter in and stick the qr through it, was it really that hard?

djfr

Likes Dirt
take the 2 hub flanges off and just screw the converter in and stick the qr through it, was it really that hard?
yes it is because the screw in parts are only big eneough to fit in the ends of the 20mm qr theyre only about 15mm and there is no other parts that seem to fit

spongebob

Likes Dirt
The full kit should have a 9cm/ 20mm diameter axle that goes through the hub, and 2 threaded end pieces that screw into it, with 9mm [ not 10mm -this is rear end] holes for the thru-bolt.

Attachments

djfr

Likes Dirt
The full kit should have a 9cm/ 20mm diameter axle that goes through the hub, and 2 threaded end pieces that screw into it, with 9mm [ not 10mm -this is rear end] holes for the thru-bolt.

well i seem to be missing the 9 to 20mm axle but the 2 threaded end peices are there and they fit in the 20mm through axle