Used XT 10 speed - fair price?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have someone who wants to buy my old drivetrain off me. It's an XT shadow + derailleur, XT ispec 10 speed shifter, HG95 chain, HG81 cassette, and also a spare deore cassette. I don't know how many km they have done as they came on the bike second hand but...

...what do you think is a fair price to charge them for it?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Look up what they cost new and halve that as your starting point. If the conditions rough then it should be less, if they are mint then more. Ultimately the value depends on what someone is willing to pay.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't pay more than $100.
I remember getting a XT 10 speed + derailleur for $65, cassette for around $60-80, shifters were $40odd, chains $19.
2nd stuff is unknown to buyer so you can't expect much.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Look up what they cost new and halve that as your starting point. If the conditions rough then it should be less, if they are mint then more. Ultimately the value depends on what someone is willing to pay.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yeh that's probably what I will do. They dont seem to be too cluey so I dont want to take advantage of that.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't pay more than $100.
I remember getting a XT 10 speed + derailleur for $65, cassette for around $60-80, shifters were $40odd, chains $19.
2nd stuff is unknown to buyer so you can't expect much.
Thanks.