VELODROME (Perth, whoops forgot that bit)

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any of you foos ridden inside one of these beasts?

I did a school course "baseball and cycling" we went to the velodrome once a week for a couple of hours and it FUCKING ROCKED. This was a good 8 or 9 years ago (ouch) but i was driving past the local one in Midland and thought maybe we should get the Perth Farkineers down there for a thrash session?

That is if you can still hire it out?

whatdoesyarekons? bit of single speed, no brake, 47degree banked track riding sound fun?

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I raced track quite seriosly for 8 years. A great place to learn skills like headbutting, elbowing, lifting bikes, pushing people into fences, motorpacing, riding in a tight bunch, spinning, riding without brakes or freewheels, picking splinters out of your body.

Damn I miss it :cry:

The best fun was riding a tandem sprintbike in a demonstration event on a 250m track, G forces were amazing, you could feel the frame trying to compress in the centre.

G

ill go the velo on my da bomb :D with chunk 2.6 tyres i think ill win :D

Rik

logged out
Yay for trackies!

I love riding amongst a pack MTB'ers, they freak out when they get too close or bump you, but as dunk said, headbutting and elbowing are part of the game with track racing.

Why are veledromes an enclosed track?
So sprinters can find the finish line.

What's going through a sprinters mind just before he lines up at the start of a race?
"Clockwise, or anticlockwise?"

:lol:
My manager was winding me up today, I used to be a sprinter, he used to be an enduro roadie...