VIC VES Finale - 11th Nov 2012 - Buxton Bootcamp 6hr Enduro

toddcuth

Likes Bikes
Hi Todd, thanks for the review mate, can I ask, whats the track like , is it design for a dually or a hard tail and what tyres would you recommend mate? also, how long would it take to complete a lap?

Cheers

i was on my stumpy hard tail and my mate was on his dually, i think its a hard tail course, im running a fast track on the front and renegade on the back, we only cruised around and i think it took around 52 mins but im not 100 % sure we were on the correct trail there were quite a few trails but we think we were on the right ones, i think the lap times will be in the early 40 min's maybe late 30 mins for those super racers at the pointy end.
have fun can't wait should be a awesome day.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
gr8 days ride

rode the track today for the first time, loved it.
the planks in and out of transition/ timing will be interesting, and was wondering about that step down into that gully on track 2 i think , will there be pallets put down or something? cause you can carry some sweet speed into that and with traffic it could get a bit hairy.
off camber and the fern gully part are so much fun going to be making the journey out there more often i think.
cheers Todd
Yeah Todd this venue has been a sleeper over the last few years but a great days riding now the weather is dryer . we often combine it with lake Mountain.
meet at Lylidale for a car pool
stop Healsville for a coffee and takeaway sandwich
head to Lake Mt for two 10 k laps of the track there. ( one of the best tracks in Vic)
Descent to Marysville while one person drives the car down
Another coffee in maryville and eat the sandwich in the park
Then head to buxton and do all the tracks in the arvo plus "Off Camber twice" and then finish up with a beer at the Buxton Pub.

drive home with a smile.

c u at the Buxton race

Knut

Troll hunter
Just a friendly reminder that Targa High Country is on and there will be road closures in the area. Good luck to all those racing mountain bikes. Look out for a very fast blue 240z. Supporting fallen and wounded soldiers.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Awesome result for me. Last in my class:crazy:

Maybe I need to rethink this mountain bike racing!

Knut

Troll hunter
Yes it was quite hot. But that certainly didn't detract from an awesome course and a well run enduro. Well done to all those who raced. Special well done to those who competed in the series.

tumble_downs

Likes Dirt
As good as Forrest?

Thanks to all the organisers for a great event. The track is one of the best in the state - really clever use of the landscape. Tracks running along the contour of the slope and well designed switchbacks means there's plenty of climbing, but no serious pinches. I would have preferred my dually though - the hardtail was OK for a couple of hours, but I was pretty fatigued by the end.

The only (minor) fault with the course was the lack of a break such as a fireroad that would allow time for a drink or something to eat. There's probably nothing that can be done about that but I know it was a problem for a few of the solo riders.

See you next year!

toddcuth

Likes Bikes
great day out, track was sooo much fun my lower back was not very happy from being bashed around on the hardtail, but off camber and spider gully rocked, great vibe and it was nice being cheered on by all the gmbc crew in transition, i look forward to next year.

Knut

Troll hunter
Thanks to all the organisers for a great event. The track is one of the best in the state - really clever use of the landscape. Tracks running along the contour of the slope and well designed switchbacks means there's plenty of climbing, but no serious pinches. I would have preferred my dually though - the hardtail was OK for a couple of hours, but I was pretty fatigued by the end.

The only (minor) fault with the course was the lack of a break such as a fireroad that would allow time for a drink or something to eat. There's probably nothing that can be done about that but I know it was a problem for a few of the solo riders.

See you next year!
Not sure how you can compare Forrest to this event? Not even close in my books. But there was limited drinking spots, I agree. On the climb near the half way point, I managed a drink. The pace was way slower than Forrest. But the laps were realistic in time. Not XCO length. Old school was back. Tough race, no doubt. Having had a cold for the last ten days almost killed me. But it was so much fun to ride. Shared a tent with a bunch of really cool people.

One beer sent me over the edge on the way home. That Mildura beer....