VES round 6- Blores Hill- GMTB

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Imagine if you did sleep...

Good luck to all, have a great race!
Thanks mate. Really looking forward to it.

ps. Mitch & I could use a support crew buddy. Got the weekend off Pete? Free accomodation and lollies:madgrin:!!!

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Get your entries in tonight to avoid the $20 late fee.
If you can't make it till Sunday, register on line by 8pm Saturday then get there Sunday morning.
Easy :smile:

riderideride

Likes Dirt
We couldn't get the online system to work. We'll be in mixed pairs as usual, looks like there will be a good turn out! See y'all there! :)

dowey42

Likes Dirt
We couldn't get the online system to work. We'll be in mixed pairs as usual, looks like there will be a good turn out! See y'all there! :)
try here and see how you go. should be working now. maybe like last night it just needs a little rest. heaps of entries still pouring in.

entry list can be viewed at this spot..............here

like the Club page on Facebook and see some posted pictures of the tracks. Should be a fun filled day.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
try here and see how you go. should be working now. maybe like last night it just needs a little rest. heaps of entries still pouring in.

entry list can be viewed at this spot..............here

like the Club page on Facebook and see some posted pictures of the tracks. Should be a fun filled day.
Ben emailed. Apparently we will have to enter on the day. Weird we couldn't get it to work! Never had an problems with entry zone.

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
I hear the tracks are quite rocky, however I was wondering if they are sharp rocks or round rocks orrrr?

I'm asking this because I'm running non tubeless Kenda Karma's (came stock and thought I may as well use them for now) which are set up tubeless and I think they're quite thin...

dowey42

Likes Dirt
I hear the tracks are quite rocky, however I was wondering if they are sharp rocks or round rocks orrrr?

I'm asking this because I'm running non tubeless Kenda Karma's (came stock and thought I may as well use them for now) which are set up tubeless and I think they're quite thin...
I wouldn't say the course is overly rocky. The trig, which was in last years race, would be the worst of the sharper rocks, but you cant really hit them at pace so worst are easily avoided. We have added parts of the trials track in this year, but the rocks are large and pretty well rounded so should be fine.

Only other part that would be considered rocky is the climb we have added on track one and thats smaller rocks, which you will need to have your wits about you, but hardly tyre splitting.

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't say the course is overly rocky. The trig, which was in last years race, would be the worst of the sharper rocks, but you cant really hit them at pace so worst are easily avoided. We have added parts of the trials track in this year, but the rocks are large and pretty well rounded so should be fine.

Only other part that would be considered rocky is the climb we have added on track one and thats smaller rocks, which you will need to have your wits about you, but hardly tyre splitting.
Alright thanks a lot for that mate.
I'm buying some new tires for a swap in the next week or two so I guess they'll just be back ups or something.

Getting excited!

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Maffra Secondary College will again be providing food inside the hall for the duration of the event. Pasta and soup will be available Saturday night. Breakfast on Sunday will consist of bacon and egg rolls and some hot food for the rest of the day. Please support one often the local Secondary Colleges as they use this for a fund raiser.

The all important coffee van will also be in attendance :smile:

riderideride

Likes Dirt

Did I just read the words "climb" and "added"???!? Nooooooooooo!!!! :-D

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Did I just read the words "climb" and "added"???!? Nooooooooooo!!!! :-D
It's ok because we took out the climb at M&M so it's really the same. The added hill just happens to come after the "Do Your Legs Hurt Yet" creek!! Mwhahahahahaha

Last edited:

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Hey Adam, is anyone going to be selling gels and electrolyte tabs on the weekend?
Local bike shop and sponsor of the race Push'n'pedal from Sale will be in attendance. They will have a range of wares for sale including heaps of gels and electrolyte drinks, tyres and bits and pieces. As well as providing neutral support should anything untoward happen.

They will also be bring around 30 demo bikes from Scott and Avanti for people to try over the weekend!!!!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great, thanks for that Adam. I'll bring some extra cash. Saves me some running around too.