VIC VES Round 8 - 23rd Sept 2012 - Burn the fat! - GWS Anderson Scout Camp - Officer

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
Another question: Last time I raced at Officer, there was a decent walk from the carpark to the event centre. I was wondering if this is still the case and something to cart gear would be a good idea or not?
Also, any news on track conditions?

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another question: Last time I raced at Officer, there was a decent walk from the carpark to the event centre. I was wondering if this is still the case and something to cart gear would be a good idea or not?
Also, any news on track conditions?
There will be a fair amount of parking available up at the transition area. First in best dressed so get there early, but keep in mind that anyone that parks up the top will be there for the full day, as the area will be enclosed by the course. Marshalls will be directing people where to park. If you think you might want to leave before the last rider finishes their last lap, then other parking options are available for which you may have to walk a little. Registration is between 8-9am.

The course is looking great. It has really dried out nicely and is even a little dusty in places. It is a very technical course which will keep most riders on their toes. I did two laps today after all the set up was finished.

Just one special mention though. We've set up a wheelie bin for gel wrappers. It is at the first gate on the aqueduct track. Please use this if you need to.

See you all tomorrow!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mister Steve, you sir, are a rock star!
some might say more rock than star, but thanks Steve.

Just another late note. If coming from princes hwy at officer, turn at starling road. Some GPS units will take you to a dead end.

AlanT

Likes Dirt
Results are now live

hey guys, well done to all who raced and also all who were involved in the running of this great event. Brilliant day. Track was the best I have ever ridden at Officer. a real MTB course.
Results are now uploaded to the below web site

http://www.vicenduroseries.com.au/

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to everyone who turned up yesterday. There were quite a few on the day entries. I had to leave early to go to work, which was a shame. Thanks also to all the outsiders who chipped in to make the event run a little smoother. Great collaboration from GMBC & Dirtriders in particular. I will have more to thank when I can get some names, but importantly, it was a great sign of things to come for Mountain Biking in Victoria when clubs can work together like this.

I'd love to hear more feedback about the course. What parts did/didn't you like and why?

I also heard rumours of a Yowie sighting. Can any riders confirm this?

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
VES 8 @ Officer

Hey Steve,

Awesome Job on the weekend by Yourself and all the Crew down there..............

Hated every min of that track........ It HURT that much!!!!!!!!!!!! haha only kidding...

The Track got better and better as the day went on.....

Loved the tight single track!!!!

But hated the straight up pinch climbs every time as my lungs exploded, Only because 90kgs needs to much oxygen to get up them.........

Well Done to those who Ripped up the course with there fast lap times...

Great To race a series that has so much Variety in the courses to give everyone a chance of winning....:)

looking forward to the next round at Buxton....

See ya then..

Scott

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the feedback Scott.

We'd also like to thank Felt Bicycles Australia, Pinnacle Cycles, Cardinia Environment Coalition and GWS Anderson Scout Camp for their valued support.

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Thanks to everyone who turned up yesterday. There were quite a few on the day entries. I had to leave early to go to work, which was a shame. Thanks also to all the outsiders who chipped in to make the event run a little smoother. Great collaboration from GMBC & Dirtriders in particular. I will have more to thank when I can get some names, but importantly, it was a great sign of things to come for Mountain Biking in Victoria when clubs can work together like this.
glad the race was such a success Steve. Sorry I missed it but given my awful performance at Castlemaine and seeing the Strava data, it would've been another near death experience for my legs!!! I will add though that is the great thing about this series and Vic mountain biking, such a wide and varied range of courses that no one can complain about things always being the same.

Keep up the great work.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
glad the race was such a success Steve. Sorry I missed it but given my awful performance at Castlemaine and seeing the Strava data, it would've been another near death experience for my legs!!! I will add though that is the great thing about this series and Vic mountain biking, such a wide and varied range of courses that no one can complain about things always being the same.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks Adam. How'd the race at Nowa Nowa go? I love the tracks down there

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Thanks Adam. How'd the race at Nowa Nowa go? I love the tracks down there
Great race from all accounts Steve. Heaps of damage leading up to it from storms and the crew did amazing job getting the tracks clear and race able. Had family commitments which kept me away from both races.
Our next two races look great...Erica point-to-point and TWILIGHT BLORES RACE!!!! (enter shameless plug here :smile:)