[VIC] Carpark Rolling Race is official and going ahead!

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
Ok guys so I have received enough interest for this race so now it is official! It will be happening on July 1st and is completely free.

Please note this is not a RB event and that the organisers take no responsibility for personal injury, death, loss of property, or damage caused by participants. Signing up for this event means you agree to all mentioned statements.

The race will be a Rolling race from the top level of variuos carparks to the bottom, the only rule is that there is no pedalling! It is a Rolling race. No pedalling will force people to choose strategy's to overtake.

Any bikes are wellcome, be it a Penny farthing or a monkey bike it doesnt matter it is just for fun. Mountain bikes are prefered though.

The race will take place on the 1st of july (Friday night and weather permitting).

Please note a max of 20 riders can come! look at the facebook page to see if there are positions available.

Rolling Rce New poster copy.jpg

Here is the Map: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&...293,144.964921&spn=0.011188,0.022724&t=h&z=16

Here is the Face book page to sign up: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=130220943719552

Last edited:

GEOFF DOOM

Likes Dirt
I would like to be apart of something like this, shame your in VIC. If anyone is filming(headcam/whatever) can you please post it up here. I am keen to see how this plays out.

Geoff.

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
I'll be posting chest cam footage for sure! An awesome Rb member has also volunteered to photograph the night's happenings.

We should get some good footage if all goes to plan.

Anarchist

Likes Dirt
No pedalling? How about no chains? Solves that particular issue or is that being too competitive?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
You do realise after putting this up on RB you're probs going to get more than the 20 person limit
Lol yeah I do, I just hope we dont get kicked out of the carparks cause our group is so noticably large, It looks like some stealth riding will come in handy, I will be wearing all black lol :)

mr.freeride

Likes Bikes
2 groups??

How about one group starts at the top end of the city and the other group starts down near fed square?? this would eliminate the surge of 30-40 bikes being that of very large , noisy and very noticeable downhillers. Hahahahah

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
How about one group starts at the top end of the city and the other group starts down near fed square?? this would eliminate the surge of 30-40 bikes being that of very large , noisy and very noticeable downhillers. Hahahahah
This idea is great and I myself have been thinking about it. I suggest that everybody prints off a map and on the night if we feel it is needed we will split the group up into two groups.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I reckon it would be smart to get a sort of offical rego thing going so we could get some exact numbers closer to the date instead of just having people rock up if they decide to.
At least if we know it's definitely going to be 40 and not 20 its easier to sort something out.

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
I cant film in 2 places at once, unless, have they perfected the cloning of the human yet??
The ride is still only open to 20 people so if extras come they will have to form their own group I guess... I am doubting more than 20 people will rock up though.

I reckon it would be smart to get a sort of offical rego thing going so we could get some exact numbers closer to the date instead of just having people rock up if they decide to.
At least if we know it's definitely going to be 40 and not 20 its easier to sort something out.
Facebook will remain the official way of saying you are coming, on the day of the race I will be making a checklist of names from facebook that we will tick off on the day. How do you suggest we adapt to having more riders if it does happen?