Vic Downhill series

cameronpatrol

Likes Bikes
Hi all,
Im new to the vic series and did 3 of the 4 rounds this year.
Is the series normaly this short?
Do people just loose their shit when the sun comes out? eg MT Beauty mrs old mate cracks the shits and screams out to everyone
shut the fuck up, I wanna get off this fuckin hill bla bla.??

Fully hats off to the organisers and volenteers, very much aprecciated but if you dont want to be there why do it??
surely there is someone else wiling to have a go?

Novice dont recieve anything for podiums? hey even a certificate or a cheeseburger voucher would have been nice for the newcomers.

Sorry for having a rant, its not meant to be im just curious.

Are other states run the same?

Cheers cam

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cam your best bet would be to get in touch directly with the race organisers instead of going straight for the public forums to lay out your grievances. I know some of these people personally and I can tell you that every single one of them is committed to making downhill racing in this state as healthy and prosperous as possible. I also know that they work tirelessly for no financial reward at all. As for people at the races, it's always a mixed crew - one of the beauties of downhill is that it brings together people from across the entire spectrum. Kids, trades, white collar professionals, girls, young, old. You're not going to get along with all of them. Suck it up and hang out with the people you do get along with.

Word is next season is going to be a great step up so keep an eye out for details :wink:

cameronpatrol

Likes Bikes
Thanks bud
Yeah I was trying to put down on screen relative niceley as not to stir the pot and upset too many.
I think from what ive seen so far its fantastic, all the people have been great.
IVe even seen a few people over the rounds that we can put names to and say gd'ay and have a chat.
So im keen as to get back into the next season for sure.

Just wanst sure if its how the event roll normaly or was a one off sort of thing.
Ive been involved in a few hobbys ,sports and this stuff is normal, but she sounded pretty serious so i thought id ask.
All good.
Trying to get the mrs to come and maybe help out, while im trying to get her on the bike to ride as well lol.
Cheers cam