Vic Enduro - You Yangs

paggnr

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

Does anyone have any info on the course for this weekend?

Lenght?
Profile?
Expected lap times?

cheers
Pagey

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only what is available on the GMBC website (http://www.gmbc.com.au/) and I know from riding there. There will be a few decent hills in there, along with some nice flowing descents. The soil is sandy and drains well so we should be in for some nice trail conditions too.

tmarsh

Likes Dirt
Great race. The trails were in fantastic condition, with the recent rains consolidating the sandy soil. All riders were super friendly, much fun was had. I'm knackered. Anyone have a link to results or photos?

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agree with you 100%, the trails were riding very well and GMBC put on another wll run event. I just have too much fun every time I go to the You Yangs, the trails are just so much fun. I'd expect results on be on the club website when they are avaibable, which should be pretty soon. GMBC and pretty good with that.

Was anyone envolved in the confusion at the top of the list hill on the first lap? The bunting had come down leaving riders with a T intersection and an open trail on both sides. As I understand it some riders ended up going each way, with the intended course (to the right) taking about a minute or two more to get to the bottom than the fireroad shortcut (to the left).

I had a chat to the organisers afterwards, who said it was most likely that some non-racing riders had pulled it down pre race. I can see this puts them in a nasty position, but with many of the categories closely fought, that extra minute or two could have made the difference between teams getting on the podium and not. I have no doubt that any riders who took the shorter route made an honest mistake, but would it not have been fairer to all riders to apply a time adjustment to bring them back on par with riders who took the correct route?

tmarsh

Likes Dirt
My wife was standing on the fire road and took a heap of photos of what she thought were the front-runners. Seems she took photos of the guys coming down the wrong way!

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My wife was standing on the fire road and took a heap of photos of what she thought were the front-runners. Seems she took photos of the guys coming down the wrong way!
They were the front runners. The bunting got fixed up pretty quickly, so it was only the first few dozen riders who had to deal with it being down.

darkxst

Squid
Thanks to the GMBC guys for putting on a great race!

the track was awesome and in really good condition and held up really well throughout the day! and the weather couldnt have been better!

Was a really fun day!

John U

MTB Precision
excellent race, excellent day, great vibe out on the track. i paid the price for inadequate preparation. the track was awesome. did not seem to have a lot in the way of climbing the way the climbs were broken up. well organised event. i'll be back (with a bit more prep next time).

ilostmypassword

Likes Dirt
Thanks to the GMBC guys for putting on a great race!

the track was awesome and in really good condition and held up really well throughout the day! and the weather couldnt have been better!

Was a really fun day!
Your spot on about the track..... it was in top condition by the end of the race considering the traffic!

smc

Likes Bikes
..did not seem to have a lot in the way of climbing the way the climbs were broken up.
Does anyone know how much climbing there was per lap? That long climb up to the top management track was challenging!

After the mud fest at Ballan the year before GMBC proved they can organise better weather with near perfect conditions for this race. Hope to see the results soon.

darkxst

Squid
Does anyone know how much climbing there was per lap? That long climb up to the top management track was challenging!

as a rough guesstimate from a topographic map I would say the big climb (from the start of track 13 to the very top of the downhill track) was about 100m vertical elevation.

The other climb before boulder track would be about 40m elevation.

John U

MTB Precision
i had the gps on and although i didn't check the elevation at the bottom i think it was about 100m. the high point was about 233m.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kinda annoyed i missed this one - sounded like good fun.

john - do you use motionbased? are you able to post up the link to your gps data?

ash_on_mtb

Likes Dirt
From memory, Claxton climbed 2500 vert/m over the course of 6 hours...

Anyone noticed the results hiding anywhere yet?

Great course, well done boys and girls responsible- a great sustainable playground!

And of course, GMBC, another great event.