(VIC) FOUND - TWICE - Marzocchi 1998era V-Brake bosses.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Item: Im chasing the vbrake bosses for some 1998ish Marzocchi Z1 Dropoff forks.

Location: Happy to pay postage or pickup if your within a couple hrs of Melb.

Price range/Willing to Pay: Hopefully not too much.

Extra Info: I think the Z1 bosses were a little shorter then the ones on the Z2's etc. I have both and a 2nd Z1 dropoff which is the fork missing the vbrake bosses so i can confirm the length off my other Z1 dropoff if you have some old ones laying around.

Thanks,
Travis.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Can you get a measure? I used to have z1's I converted to disc, and I have seen bosses in my junk box I think. Possibly what you're after. Maybe.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Thanks Moorey. Been running around like a headless chook all day getting ready for the easter holidays. I'll get on it early next week and put up a photo and measurements.

Thanks again,
Travis.

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks Moorey. Been running around like a headless chook all day getting ready for the easter holidays. I'll get on it early next week and put up a photo and measurements.

Thanks again,
Travis.
No Wuckers. Its a long shot, but they are the only forks I can imagine I would have taken the bosses off.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hi Moorey, getting there slowly! Got the pics but im struggling to upload them. Never had a problem before from the iphone to the forum but now its saying some error image.jpeg. Wanting .jpg only or something... Always thought they were one and the same, and again seem a recent change as its never errored before.

Trying to get the photo off my phone now, means having to update crap on the bloody computer first!

Travis.

moorey

call me Mia
Sorry man. Only found one boss, and nothing like what you're after.

Tried the vintage forum? Or Astroboyracer would have some, I'll bet my life.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I gave some marz forks of about this vintage to stewyh a few months ago, pm him, might get lucky

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, ill follow your leads.

Moorey, that boss looks very similar to the brake bosses on the rear of our old Norco VPS2 frame perhaps they are off a bike frame too. I just looked at them last night while breaking down the old bike i realised they were screwed in and thought i might have gotten lucky... Not to be lol.

Thanks again
Travis.

moorey

call me Mia

Moorey, that boss looks very similar to the brake bosses on the rear of our old Norco VPS2 frame perhaps they are off a bike frame too. I just looked at them last night while breaking down the old bike i realised they were screwed in and thought i might have gotten lucky... Not to be lol.

Thanks again
Travis.
Quite possibly.
I'll have a man's look in the light tomorrow. I've already messaged Astroboyracer for you.

rone

Eats Squid
I have a suspicion I may have some. They look familiar. Never throw anything of use away. Let me check tomorrow and get back to you.

stewyh

Likes Dirt
20160401_182334.jpg

Thanks again
Travis.
Hey mate, couldn't post pic via pm. No bosses by the look of it but you're welcome to the rest if you want it. I only grabbed it for the foot nuts... which are a different size to the 04 DJ2s I'm rebuilding as it turns out. Pm me if you want it and we'll work out logistics.
Cheers

link1896

Mr Greenfield
View attachment 326753

Hey mate, couldn't post pic via pm. No bosses by the look of it but you're welcome to the rest if you want it. I only grabbed it for the foot nuts... which are a different size to the 04 DJ2s I'm rebuilding as it turns out. Pm me if you want it and we'll work out logistics.
Cheers
Maybe I still have the bosses, will go hunting over the weekend

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Rone, cheers mate really appreciate you looking through your parts for me. Sadly i dont see any bosses there that look like they would work with my old Z1 forks.

Thanks again,
Travis.

moorey

call me Mia
Hey Trav. Just heard back from Astro. He can't help, but suggests this...
"No man, none of those ones sorry. Have you tried Jesse at Bikebar??"

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Awesome moorey thanks. Called Jesse today and ive sent him the pic of the boss im after. Fingers crossed!

Travis.