[VIC] Knobby Sports weekly crit racing

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Daylight savings is back on and crit racing will be starting soon...

WHAT TIME DO WE RACE?

Tuesday

Rego: 6:00pm

Racing: 6:30 pm (depending on number of entrants 7:00 pm for 2 grades)

WHAT FORMAT?

Racing is for 30 minutes + 1 lap. Format also depends on organisers mood, every now and then throwing something different into the mix.

WHAT GRADES ARE THERE?

A, B, C, D, Women, Juniors (all grades dependant on numbers)

WHERE DO WE RACE?

We call it ‘BUSHY PARK’ Melway refrence designating the course and parking area is: 63 A11.

More info: www.knobbysports.org

krusty66

Likes Dirt
Just a heads up Goldcross cycles is putting up $2500 in great prizes over the series. This is a chance to win some awesome swag. No tubes here!

Happy Racing!

Nath8

Likes Dirt
I've been waiting all winter for this to start up again. Damian I'll try and get there on Sunday arvo to help with the track, and will definately be there next week. It'll be interesting to see how the 29er goes around the course.
Nath.

Lard

Likes Dirt
Will be there most weeks, how many people usually turn up? And will it be running if it rains?
I was there almost every week last year. Numbers vary from around 20 to 40 riders. I can't remember any wet nights, but days that are 35oC+ it's usually cancelled.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
any updates

dose anyone have any up dates. Will they start on tuesday or has the issues with horses meant they are cancelled?

If it dose go ahead dose anyone have an address?

thanks

Bluemtb

Likes Bikes
Hi, I have never raced and I am not amazingly fit but I would really like to have a go at some point. Do you have numbers to run a D grade every week, if so what average speed do they travel at? Also, a vague question, how would you describe the track, is it: flat, narrow, fast, technical, large climbs?

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
give it a go

Hey bluer mtbike.
Dirt crits are a great introduction to mt bike racing. I would suggest you turn up and give it a go. Start off on at the lowest grade available on the night and race around the track. After riding for a few weeks you get to know other riders and improve very quickly. From my general experience with racing at the geelong mt bike club crits there are all standard of riders turning up from kids to older mothers so you would be welcome whatever your standard. Below are the dirt crits that I know of in Vic. But there are others.

On Tuesday the Knobby sports crits ( never been but planning on going)
On Wed full gas crits at Lysterfeild park
On Thursday full gas crits at Westgate park
On Friday NO Frills run by Geelong MT bike club at the You yang's (starting in a few weeks)www.gmbc.com.au
Also fat tyer flyers sometimes run some races on the yarra over summer.
Also Ballart and Bendigo mt bike clubs also run dirt crits during the week

i would suggest you would be welcome and just turn up and give it a go.
most of the tracks are pretty good for any standard

Lard

Likes Dirt
dose anyone have any up dates. Will they start on tuesday or has the issues with horses meant they are cancelled?

If it dose go ahead dose anyone have an address?

thanks
I was there today, I'd say there won't be racing this week, but if things can be arranged quickly it might be back up again soon. It all depends on what Damian can sort out with the land owner. Hopefully it's a working bee there to make a new track this week and we'll be up racing next week.

And the address is here http://www.knobbysports.org/location.html

Last edited: