[VIC] Maldon Downhill Race 8th and 9th of January 2011!!!

CoUtTa

Likes Dirt
Not that it is a high priority as racing is a good enough reason but I have not heard anything about prizes?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Not that it is a high priority as racing is a good enough reason but I have not heard anything about prizes?
I'll be putting up a few bits and pieces.

Few bars, stems, maybe rims, grips etc Will be confirming what's going for what with Russel as I'm bringing abit of gear out to show on the shelves in the tent anyways.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Any chance of a best crash prize Rick? Something I'll be sure to win for once, ahahah :p

Can't wait, going to try and head out tomorrow arvo/night, should be good :)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Any chance of a best crash prize Rick? Something I'll be sure to win for once, ahahah :p

Can't wait, going to try and head out tomorrow arvo/night, should be good :)
We'll see, maybe a best whip over the hip jump, only time will tell ;) see you all out there in the morning!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Hot Dogs, the winner gets cheese and sauce, 2nd sauce, and 3rd no condiments.
This would have been a good idea. I certainly would have won if HotDogs were the prize! Hmmmm Hotdogs!!!:D People know better than to get between me and a free hotdog!
However they couldn't get KR Castlemaine Small Goods onboard as a sponsor.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Good on ya Russell.
Have a blast guys, I can't make it as to go I would have had to make Rick work Sunday.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, what's the local pub like? I see it is about 2.5K from the campsite... Is it any good for counter meals? How late does it stay open till?

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
So, what's the local pub like? I see it is about 2.5K from the campsite... Is it any good for counter meals? How late does it stay open till?
Hey mate There are a few places to eat out at all of which do a decent counter meal. Cant help with times though

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
would be keen to see some feedback, did people enjoy the weekend?

cheers to Rus/co and Club MUD for it!

juzz

Likes Dirt
Yer, thanks mate. It was a great little race, a change to the big state rounds. Fun tracks and all the feed back from everyone I spoke too was positive.

ajl

Squid
Great Weekend!! It was such a smooth running event. Good friendly atmoshphere. Also great to finish early for those having to travel home sunday. And thanks to the guys in the tent selling some spare parts (Fearless cycles - i think) got me back on my bike for the weekend.
It was my first time at Maldon and i think i will definately be back.
By the way are there any results up anywhere?

Staunch

Eats Squid
Yeah, pretty much what Dan said, the chilled vibe was awesome, made for a really good time. Camping there was also heaps of fun, and chucking up Follow Me and the other movies on the projector Sat night was also pretty sweet. Would definitely come again in the future :)

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Race feedback

Hi all,
Hope everyone had a good weekend racing...
As it was our first event i would be keen to know if there is anything we could improve on.

We will be putting on a ride day in Feb hope to see some of you there.
cheers
Russ

scarecrow8888

Likes Dirt
was a great race and very well run. only improvements that i could see are track bunting. there were some major points on the track where entire sections and corners could be cut because there was no legit guidence. some fluro tape or something would be good. bit better than some logs in the way. other than that, went smooth as butter with no real problems. will definately be coming back for rides and races when they are on.
cheers guys