VIC (RMIT Uni) - GT Avalanche 2.0

blue_muppet

Likes Dirt
SECOND bike stolen from RMIT university in melbourne
Bike: GT Avalanche 2.0 with discs
Colour: Black / blue / white (like pic)
Date it was stolen: 4/8/2005 in the evening
Where it was stolen: RMIT Uni - Stolen from next to casey plaza lecture theatre
Specs: 27 speed with alivio running gear, gay front forks (gay isnt a brand), tekpro cable discs
Other Discriptions:
+ Thin tyres front and rear (Geax branded)
+ Crumpler sticker on underside of frame
+ EBC brakes sticker on frame near seatpost
+ stock grips blue/black.
Pictures:
Looks like this: (but with cable discs and destickered forks and thinner tyres and the pattern on the frame is slightly different. This pic might not be an 04 model)
http://www.mapuchebtt.com.ar/mtb/gt/Avalanche2.jpg

Ill die happy when two things happen:
- All bike locks that arent D-locks are removed from shelves and banned.
- All mother****ing thieving junkies are shot in the face.

So anyone selling a commuter?

Last edited:

wtr

Likes Dirt
Arh FUK! Not another one!:mad: :(

Have you been to the security office near the car park? There might be a slim chance that the thief's face was captured by the CCTV, that is only IF they bother to TURN THE MOTHER FUKING THINGS ON!:mad:

Mine was stolen outside building 51 and they told me the camera was turned off, TURNED OFF! WTF IS A CCTV GOOD FOR IF IT'S DELIBRATELY TURNED OFF?!:mad:

I feel your pain, but I'm also very frustrated and agitated with how incompetent the security guards really are. :mad:

blue_muppet

Likes Dirt
I told them where it was and they said they would check the cameras. Whether they were on or not im not sure. Even if they were, what would it prove? that someone actually did steal my bike?

But yeah you are partly right about them being incompetent. They probably do a great job, but at night only two or so guards are usually on, and i doubt they control that, it would come from RMITs management. Its really their fault their security isnt good enough, and their fault their finance is up to shit.

I parked it in a dodgy spot though.
Organising a new bike. from now on its going to be insured, Dlocked and parked outside the security control room.

cheers

roxby

Likes Bikes
i feel the pain

man that sucks, im so stressed bout leaving my bike round my uni, dodgy dodgy students with big big hex debts.. and drug addictions etc. all i can suggest and i try to do this whenever i leave my pride anywhere, try to get it near a atm cause they have always got cameras and stuf, i know theres a couple at melb uni but i dunno bout rmit.. stupid bike stealing freak morons!!! :mad:

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
theives suck

I go to rmit bundoora ans last time i took my bike there someome undid all my bolts on my forks (20mm thru axel) obviously realized the whell nor fork where goin anywhere so stole the bolts, so the whole thing colapsed when i got on it!
just bit ass

vgisit

Likes Bikes
When parking your bike at RMIT, and its worth something, lock it up outside the security office in Franklin St. opposite the City Baths. Not likely to get stolen there.

I used to work there and always took my bike inside, but they don't let students park inside.