Vic State Series, Rd 3, Long Gully Healesville

Boofa

Likes Bikes
G'day all
As most will already know, round 3 of the Victorian State Series is on the 17th and 18th of November at Long Gully, in Healesville.

Round 3, being the closest race to melbourne, is shaping up to be the biggest race on the State Series Calender. (Expecting between 250 and 300 riders).

Due to the large numbers, and the unexpected timing difficulties for the last couple of races, the Fat Tyre Flyers have booked Castech timing to run the timing for the event. They will also provide a timing clock for all to see at the finish line.

In addition to this, the Long Gully track has also had a makeover, the bootom of the track now consists of 3 more jums and a couple of berms which provide some added excitement for the finishing strait.

For all the details about the race at Long Gully, including costs, accomodation, directions and a link to the pics of the new track, log onto

http://www.vicdhseries.com/

I hope to see you al at the race.

Cheers

Ash

P.S
If anyone needs any products for their bikes to be supplied at the race do not hesitate to contact us at Yarra Valley Cycles and we can bring anything you may need. We have a full range of five-ten shoes, THE helmets, Intense Tyres, Troy Lee Designs Helmets, Sombrio gear, Mavic Wheels, E-13, Funn pedals, Sunine components, Sram or Shimano. Log on and have a look at all the new Kona, Norco and Ironhorse bikes.

http://www.yarravalleycycles.com

or alternatively call us on 97351483 or email at...
yvclilydale@optusnet.com.au

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Yesssssssss. Gonna be the first time I can ride in 3 months. Can't wait. Yewwwwwwwww!!!!!

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My comeback race as well, first one on the new bike.
How the roadgap looking after the changes? Any easier/harder?
Can't wait, straight off to schoolies afterwards as well.

dj_nic

Likes Bikes
just wondering if you camp the night what do you do for food and stuff like is there a BBQ there or would you have to take your own and how many people will probaly be camping?
thanks in advance nick

Boofa

Likes Bikes
Hey all,
yes the road gap is looking sick, its drifty as. Also, the bottom of the track has changed and provided some extra challenges for people with a new step up where the hip was into banked corned and road gap jump. There is also another Hip and Big set of doubles to berm. The track is looking fantastic, and with 80 of so riders on our Thursday night ride, it is shaping up to be the biggest race for quite a while.

We have been working hard to keep the track in good condition, we even hired a water cart with a bloody long hose to wet down the track from top to botton, to prevent the dust and blowout. It is working OK but the land is as dry as a bone.

Try to be weary about the Long Gully Winery and keep your speed down along Long Gully road. We have had water truck up the road already this week to try and lessen the dust problem, so plaese just be sensible or the race will never happen again.

Other than that the whole track is looking sweet, the roch gardens are harder than ever and the open drifty corners are unreal.

Hope to see you all there.

Boofa

S_Town

Likes Dirt
Will the road gap be open during practice on saturday? I remember last year that it was closed off.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Will the road gap be open during practice on saturday? I remember last year that it was closed off.
It should be, they will just have a martialer there controlling shuttle traffic.

The club has to let riders experience every part of the track before the race, its part of insurance!

Im aint no club commite person but there might be a few twists with how they want to run it but i dout it...

Last edited: