VIC Womens Club/Training for Beginners?

jakc

Likes Bikes
My partner is keen to have a go at mountain biking.
She wants to join a group of girls that may offer beginner days in the VIC region. Even better if there is hire facilities involved, but we can also organise that through a shop if need be.

Could have sworn I have seen some female only groups, but not sure which ones are active or recommended. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
lysty have their lysty chicks group active, bendigo have women’s only socials bout once a month, there are occasional liv rides north east eg silvan etc..which suburb u in? bella have occasional womens only activities ( on big hill events FB), prob best to follow a couple of the prominent female mtb’ers to see what they’re up to, eg jane ollerenshaw, karen hill, courtney sherwell - bella ride leaders

Last edited:

jakc

Likes Bikes
lysty have their lysty chicks group active, bendigo have women’s only socials bout once a month, there are occasional liv rides north east eg silvan etc..which suburb u in?
currently we are Thornbury and I hit Plwnty gorge and westerfolds, but happy to travel

got a link for the lysterfield group?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
My wife is one of the ride leaders for the lysty chicks group.

They're very beginner centric, more about supporting each other through stuff they're uncomfortable riding than racing and pushing each other's limits. They're also big on the social side and stopping regularly to catch their breath (not sure much breath catching is done with all the talking) is a big part of the ride. cupcakes and coffee at the end of the ride is even bigger. They run 2 groups, a beginner and an intermediate. Beginner caters to everyone from the capable but less confident down to flat out beginner's. Intermediate can be quicker but will work at the level of the group.

Hunt up Ldtr on bookface or have a look at the Ldtr website https://www.lysterfieldmtb.com

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

poita

Likes Dirt
Geelong MTB club have a monthly girls only ride. They will be doing beginner rides+coaching monthly starting soon too. Mostly out at the Youies but will move around a little. Their website or shudder Facebook should have details.

jakc

Likes Bikes
The issue we are currently facing is trying to find a group that might help with a hire bike, or point us in the right direction.
Does not want to fork out for a set of wheels before giving it a go a few times. Any ideas?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The issue we are currently facing is trying to find a group that might help with a hire bike, or point us in the right direction.
Does not want to fork out for a set of wheels before giving it a go a few times. Any ideas?
Life of bikes has a demo fleet that I believe are available to the Ldtr ladies riders for free. Not sure if this is just available to anyone but definitely the ladies crew has been offered this. At the last ride they had a couple of Merida ebikes out there, they dropped them off in the morning and picked them back up after the ride.

Worth giving them a ring, have a chat to Wendy or Joel

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk