VIC Victorian 24 hour race?

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
We can offer that category but if there are less than 5 teams they will merge with mens open.
If you get interest let me know and ill ad it.

Perfect track for SS !

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
We can offer that category but if there are less than 5 teams they will merge with mens open.
If you get interest let me know and ill ad it.

Perfect track for SS !
Just looking at the mont24 results - if I am looking at it correctly:
* there were 8 teams of 4 that were singlespeed only (5 men only teams and 3 mixed teas )

not alot of them, but they are out there.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
The Mont is huge. I'm not so sure Vic will pull those numbers first time around. But here's hoping......

Yes The Mont is bloody enormous. With only 8 SS teams competing there I agree it will be hard to get more multiple SS teams - but trying to remain positive for mtb101's sake ;-)

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Yes The Mont is bloody enormous. With only 8 SS teams competing there I agree it will be hard to get more multiple SS teams - but trying to remain positive for mtb101's sake ;-)
There is a Victorian Single Speed series brewing for later in the year.
3 races from August to October (or September to early November)
Could give an indication of how serious SS racing can be.
Cheers.
MH

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks mate for helping the cause, well get to the end of the year and there's a 24 hour race - get the team together, put us all on the trusty SS - bit of rigid as well and just have fun, no serious equipment - if it rains don't have to worry about trashing the good bike, just bounce along through the bush in one gear.

yep would depend on how many teams - wait and see. might try and get the beard going.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I wish I could grow a beard. I tried last year and it was a total disgrace. It was all patchy and multi colored with my Celtic roots coming through in beard. I looked like a dero and woman would see me and instinctually grab their kids in fear.

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
I wish I could grow a beard. I tried last year and it was a total disgrace. It was all patchy and multi colored with my Celtic roots coming through in beard. I looked like a dero and woman would see me and instinctually grab their kids in fear.
Women love this. The ones grabbing their kids were ashamed and in awe of your sheer awesomeness! They obviously settled for a mere male who couldn`t summon the courage to try and grow a beard in case it affected their ability to be mundane. They shielded their offspring from your awesomeness in case they went home and told their dads how awesome you looked and why can`t they be awesome like that too.

Sorry.

Its late and I`m bored.

Cheers.
MH

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We now have a 4 man single speed catogory, so get on it and enter!
hey thanks for that, really hope others get on board with this, wait and see. Now another request, Podium Girls (or guys for Girls Podium) just kidding, will get onto it, cheers.