Victorian Downhill Series Press Release - BIG NEWS INSIDE!!!

a-line

Likes Dirt
Hey guys & girls,

It's an exciting time for downhill in Australia right now, with the big news revealed today that the Victorian Downhill Series (VDHS) has signed a 3 year naming rights sponsorship deal with Nukeproof Bikes and Chain Reaction Cycles! Already coming off a highly successful 2013/2014 series, the upcoming 2014/2015 Victorian Downhill Series, presented by Nukeproof Bikes And powered by Chain Reaction Cycles, looks set to be even better!

The first race kicks off December 12th 2014 at the You Yangs with a combined Round 1 of the MTBA National Series. Look for some big names not only at this race, but at all other VDHS rounds. All the action is set to take place at the following venues:

Round 1: You Yangs 12th / 13th / 14th December 2014 – You Yangs MTB Inc
Round 2: Mt Baw Baw 10th / 11th January 2015 – Gippsland MTB Inc
Round 3: Mt Buller 24th / 25th January 2015 – Fat Tyer Flyers DH
Round 4: Mt Beauty 28th February / 1st March 2015 – Team Mt Beauty

If you can't race, still come along & spectate/heckle and keep the VDHS one of Australia's premier race series.

Keep an eye out for more news around local sponsorship and support in the coming weeks also. There's some new teams about to be announced, with plenty of local talent getting the support & exposure they deserve.

Please have a read of the press release below.

Thanks in advance,

VDHS

www.vdhs.com.au

Attachments

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Keep an eye out for more news around local sponsorship and support in the coming weeks

www.vdhs.com.au
Yeah good luck with that part. The series is already dead with only 4 races, to announce a major sponsor like that is suicide, not a single Australian store or distributor worth its salt will go near that series now. Good to see you supporting local industry guys!

a-line

Likes Dirt
Yeah good luck with that part. The series is already dead with only 4 races, to announce a major sponsor like that is suicide, not a single Australian store or distributor worth its salt will go near that series now. Good to see you supporting local industry guys!
I wouldn't be too quick to judge, all will be revealed very soon. These things have been in the works for quiet some time now, with all parties aknowledging each other's presence.

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't be too quick to judge, all will be revealed very soon. These things have been in the works for quiet some time now, with all parties aknowledging each other's presence.
Ok cool, keen to see what you guys come up with then. So you have some local industry on board?

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
How many races are required for a series NoFilter? Just out of interest.

Good work getting this off the ground a-line!

NoFilter

Likes Dirt

If we want to continue building the series then I'd suggest 5-6. If you have 4 good venues in a series then that's fine, but unfortunately this series only has 3 good venues. People will flock to Baw Baw, Beauty and Buller, but not to You Yangs. If you have a 6 race series with two average venues and 4 good ones you have a series that will please everybody. I don't believe that an 8 race series is the answer either (2010-2011), but we need more than 4 IMO.

Kudos to all who have put in huge efforts getting it moving, there's too many of armchair experts like me willing to sit back and heckle.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
If you have 4 good venues in a series then that's fine, but unfortunately this series only has 3 good venues. People will flock to Baw Baw, Beauty and Buller, but not to You Yangs.
I disagree, You Yangs may be one of the bigger races, it may not have the hills or length of the other tracks, but being less than 45 minutes from the Melbourne GPO is going to help a lot. It's the only race I am going to due to the ease of access.

Were as the other 3 tracks are between a 5-7 hour round trip, longer if you live on the west side of Melbourne.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Shame the local industries didn't get naming rights and offer prizes before Chain Reaction Cycles got in on it. Here's hoping the shops practice what they preach and support the series.

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Here's hoping the shops practice what they preach and support the series.
But why would they? More to the point why should they when the series gets on board with the very company that has cost local stores so much business?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Shame the local industries didn't get naming rights and offer prizes before Chain Reaction Cycles got in on it. Here's hoping the shops practice what they preach and support the series.
I'm sure the local industry had every opportunity to secure sponsorship. Good luck to Chain Reaction Cycles and well done for supporting this series.

a-line

Likes Dirt

The man responsible for getting this organised & finalised is the VDHS Sponsorship/Marketing Manager, James Tamanika. James is a marketing guru but most importantly a passionate mountain bike rider. He's pulled in a lot of money & support for this series, not only through the bike industry, but outside sources.

For this coming year, I'll be working closely with James, Nukeproof/Chain Reaction Cycles & a soon to be announced junior development program. James works tirelessly throughout the day - while maintaining a 9-5 job/family - and through his determination & passion, has secured a few Aussie juniors some big overseas contracts. In the coming days/weeks, more info will be released. Thanks

teK--

Eats Squid
I disagree, You Yangs may be one of the bigger races, it may not have the hills or length of the other tracks, but being less than 45 minutes from the Melbourne GPO is going to help a lot. It's the only race I am going to due to the ease of access.

Were as the other 3 tracks are between a 5-7 hour round trip, longer if you live on the west side of Melbourne.
We are definitely going to Yangs it doesn't have the elevation but is very accessible and has great spectator areas. Not everyone can do a big day or weekend trip to the big mountains.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Maybe it's the other way around? Maybe the local businesses have had enough of pumping support into the series, maybe they are thinking it's time someone else did.
There is one business and family synonymous with the VDHS, they can't be expected to bank roll the series forever. Maybe it's time that bigger companies are involved. Just sayin'!

a-line

Likes Dirt
If you're still on the fence about regstering for the race @ the You Yangs this weekend, here's an extra incentive :)

Online rego has been extended to 9pm Tuesday. Register on the link below.

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ESeriesRegister.aspx?ES=184

There's also a pretty sweet competition that's just started. Anyone racing in the Victorian Downhill Series this season, has a chance to win a 2015 Nukeproof Pulse frame. Check out the flyer below for all the info :)

The VDHS would like to thank this series sponsors:

Nukeproof, Chain Reaction Cycles, High5 Sports Nutrtion, Yarra Valley Cycles, Mountain Bikes Direct, Push Bike Shop, Magneto Industries, Cairns Mountain Bike Tours, DHaRCO, You Yangs MTB Inc, Gippsland MTB Inc, MTB Baw Baw, Team Mount Beauty, Fat Tyre Flyers DH MTB Club, Australian Mountain Bike Magazine, Mountain Bike Australia - MTBA, Pinkbike, Vital MTB

Attachments