Victorian State Champs 2011 Bendigo

johndh

Likes Dirt
The answer to your question is no the forcast is for possibilty of showers early in morning the 23 dègT his is a 5.2 km track not 100km. See you all on sunday.

obi.wan

Likes Bikes
the club is running the event as planned. today is thursday and the B.O.M. says

Sunday 13 November

Partly cloudy. The chance of showers. Winds east to northeasterly averaging 15 to 25 km/h tending north to northeasterly up to 35 km/h around midday. Overnight temperatures falling to between 11 and 14 with daytime temperatures reaching around 30.

so...... im gonna be there are you???

if i didn't haave half my guts cut out i might try on a jersey for size!!

THE TRACK WILL BE LIKE SOO TOTALLY AWSOME AND LIKE FUN AN NAT AND STUFF:clap2:

anyfin

Likes Bikes
I may well of missed it so could some one tell me if there is an entry form to down load and fill out before Saturday?

Any chance of a track profile?

thanks.

obi.wan

Likes Bikes
i think the profile is something like this.........

________
/
_______ /
/ \__ /
/ \ _____(.)(.)___/
____/ \ /\ /
\_______/ \ /
^^^^^^^^

geez i hope some one finds that funny cause it took me bloody ages!! and no there aren't any boobs on the track (pitty)

disclaimertrack profile is not real.

obi.wan

Likes Bikes
put it this way John can ride it. (joke.pun@john'sexpense.net)

and so can I it is a test but good fun, now let me put that into perspective.......... i've just had open surgery and had half my kidney removed, i am only just back on the bike but i rode the course last week.

akashra

Eats Squid
Hey Toby, any idea at this stage if the club or anyone else plan to have a BBQ or anything else that passes as lunch at the event?
We'll be taking a club ride on a lap of the Redesdale 24 hour course after the race at Sedgwick, and am keen to know if we should think about sorting out some kind of lunch to take with us or dropping by somewhere local.

All welcome to come along, by the way - we've planned that for around 2pm.

Knut

Troll hunter
Cheers

Had a great time thanks Bendigo club. Awesome track. Now that was a real mountain bike course.

akashra

Eats Squid
Had a great time thanks Bendigo club. Awesome track. Now that was a real mountain bike course.
^^ This.

A nearly perfect course. The only way it could have been improved IMO was a little more opportunity for passing, maybe the lap didn't need to be quite as long. But the level of technical difficulty I was really happy with - a course that you needed to know how to keep your power down to negotiate the rocks at speed on the climbs, and one that didn't require massive risks on the descents.

That accident:
So yeah, after doing a nice cruisy sighting lap before the race and finding to course to be one that was going to be well suited to my stengths/weaknesses, I was looking forward to this. It was an awesome race, until about 2.4km in - paying too much attention to finding a spot to let riders behind past safely, I narrowly clipped a tree, just enough to spear me in to a rock, and head first divebomb in to the ground. Helmet took a very hard impact, ribs took it worse - while I was unable to breathe my first thought was that I'd re-broken a rib I did ~8mo ago.

I want to give massive thanks and praise to both the riders and marshals who selflessly wasted no time to see to it that I was okay while unable to move - to those who took care of the oncoming riders, and the marshals who clearly ran as quick as they could to attend. The way the first rider took charge of the situation is to be commended and should be seen as an example by all how we look after each other in this sport when things go pear-shaped.
Fortunately this turned out to be little more than some cuts and heavy winding (though admittedly, I can't remember landing hard ever hurting like that before) despite initial fears.

IMG_1043-sm.jpg
So the above is a fine example of why you should always wear glasses while riding. This is an Oakley plutonite lens that has been known to have claims attached that it can stop some bullets - where evidently I landed today with a rock square on to where my eye should have been.
The result is I've got a 15mm cut on my nose where the frames sat rather than possibly much worse permanent damage.

This example is pretty good advertising if you ask me.

Last edited: