Victorian Trails listing

sexidj

Squid
Hello all,

I am attempting in constructing a listing of all trails in Victoria. Some trails will be pretty obvious but I'm sure there are many that are word of mouth. If you can submit a post with the following details that would be great.

Name
Approx length
Riding type - eg XC/DH etc

I will post honorable mentions to some of the better responses

Lets see how we go.

Cheers

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm not sure how much more info you will get other than the site listed above, which really does offer a pretty comprehensive list of all the 'legal' and 'public' trails. There are places to ride that people will not want to mention on here for various reasons, best to respect that and find out about them through people you meet on the trails/ride days etc. While a detailed list all in one place (including all the DH ride days) would be great, I doubt it's going to happen. I'd like to be proven wrong.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this list thing is probably a thing of the past now that we have GPS data from rides and various sites that feed off that data. google searches can bring up most rides with detailed information that will get you going. and if you really want to be savvy you would download the trail to your gps and off you go.

of course there will always be trail ninjas who are off the grid, got to do the hard ks to find those trails.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All good points mentioned above.

One other thing to keep in mind is that there is a large effort from many groups and individuals to establish relationships with land managers in order to work together to make many of these illegal trails legal. Any public mentioning/promoting of illegal trails on this or any other forum will only work against this process. Everyone's understanding and patience is appreciated.

rdurrell

Likes Bikes
MTB Website

If you want to add to / correct anything on the Bancoora website, my email address is on the home page http://www.bancoora.au.com/. As per the comments above, I filter the contributions based on the management plans for the areas in question. Any contributions will be acknowledged whether it be a write up, video, gpx files, etc. I'm running it purely as a non commercial site to help others out and at the same time provide as much info as possible on trails in terms of photos, description, etc.

Obviously any contributions (particularly for those rides a bit further from Melbourne would be good as I find it hard to keep up with all trails due to family commitments, etc) will be to the benefit of all.

The main scope for expansion of the information I see is for good XC quality fire trails in state forests. Single track (despite the fact every one wants more) tends to be elusive or illegal.