Video Competition (Win a DMR Transition Frame!)

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounds alright!

i'll enter it to fill numbers... if i can get youtube towork for me :(

and if my dirt jumps dry out before then.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im in.
Curly, make sure you boys look over mine a couple of times kk. :rolleyes:
I'll make this vid for Fletcher. :D

I'll Rep the Jersey to. Bring it on !!!

adman

Likes Dirt
When you say "introduce the movie" does it have to be as blunt as "Hi I am Adam and this is my movie on mountain biking"?

I'm interested because an introduction is about 15- 30 seconds which is quite a lot of a 2 - 3 minute movie.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When you say "introduce the movie" does it have to be as blunt as "Hi I am Adam and this is my movie on mountain biking"?

I'm interested because an introduction is about 15- 30 seconds which is quite a lot of a 2 - 3 minute movie.
I think it applies more so to new filmers, from your dp I'm taking it your more experienced, it's as it said there to stop people from downloading footage from other peoples films, professional films and making there own edit and claiming it as there own, if it's clearing your own work it should be fine, maybe include a short shot of the rider putting the helmet on or at the end a quick shot of you turning the camera around to your face and smiling just to show its your work, or get the rider to introduce it? just quickly?

TBSM

The Bike Shed Mortdale
Can the rider introduce it, eg. "Hi I'm Blah Blah up here with Blah Blah for the TBSM video comp.
Would this be accepted?

Will there be an exception to swearing in song lyrics?
Try to minimise the swearing as much as possible, if the video is decent it will be used on the website and there are a lot of younger kids who i'm sure would love to have a look at the videos (and i'm sure their parents wouldn't like the offensive language too much).

TBSM

The Bike Shed Mortdale
Will there be a limit to how many videos we enter?

I'll be entering for sure :)
Enter as many as you like. But keep in mind that we will be looking for people who go out over this next month and film new footage and put it together (not just send in any random old videos they may have lying around...).

You could introduce the rider and movie quickly in person if you want or even just have a title heading introducing rider/location/movie name if you want...

Lube

Likes Dirt
Strictly 3 minutes? Its stretched out to less than 5 but I am just not happy with it if I cut anything else down! Removes the feel and flow of it.

TBSM

The Bike Shed Mortdale
Strictly 3 minutes? Its stretched out to less than 5 but I am just not happy with it if I cut anything else down! Removes the feel and flow of it.
As long as it does keep the flow and interest for the whole 5 minutes it will be fine. If on the other hand there are stretched out sections and it looses all flow then of course it won't be judged as well.

We have had 4 FIRM entries so far with a few others who just need to change their movie a little to state that it is for the TBSM Video Comp...

Check out the entries http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=blog

Cheers
Curly

TBSM

The Bike Shed Mortdale
We can take that into consideration. The sister thing is only for laughs really...

We have had a few entries so far and there is almost a month left to go. Plenty of time to grab the camera and head out for a weekend!

TBSM

The Bike Shed Mortdale
One more sleep until comp closes ladies and gents!!

A reminder that we will be watching the videos over the weekend and there will be a vote from over 15 people to decide the top vids.

Videos will need to be in by Saturday morning at the very latest!!!!!!!

:)

TBSM

The Bike Shed Mortdale
All videos were watched and judged by a panel of 6 on Saturday afternoon and movies were voted on for 6 different values that worked out to give a fair rating to all.

All the movies were entertaining with lots of stand out riding, filming, editing and some funny/painful crashes.

Results will be finalised by this afternoon after scores are tallied.

Lube

Likes Dirt
All videos were watched and judged by a panel of 6 on Saturday afternoon and movies were voted on for 6 different values that worked out to give a fair rating to all.

All the movies were entertaining with lots of stand out riding, filming, editing and some funny/painful crashes.

Results will be finalised by this afternoon after scores are tallied.
The suspense is killing me! Haha