video conversion illinbah dh round 4

bunya_DH

Likes Dirt
hey fellas

im trying to make a video from illinbah dh race but my video camera saves all videos in MOD format.
The quesion im asking is can anyone suggest a video format conversion program that I should download for free(yes im a tight ass)?? Thanks. As soon as I have finished the vid I will post it up

Thanks

Nathan:)

bunya_DH

Likes Dirt
turned out to be crap,the site wants their logo in the middle of the page. Anyone have any other suggestions?? PLEASE HELP!

bunya_DH

Likes Dirt
so does that Squared program only put out in MP2 format?and then you have to buy the apple software to playback?is that what that means??thanks

takai

Eats Squid
Premiere and Final Cut Pro both read and output MP2. I think instead your problem is finding FREE software which will do this.
Which is where i come in.

VirtualDub-MPEG (http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/) will let you open and edit MP2 files, although you may need to rename them to MPG or MPEG. You should also download the k-lite codec pack (www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm) and Quicktime Alternative (www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm) in order to ensure that you have the correct codecs to view and edit the video.

After this you should be fine.