Video makers 'post here'

tate

Squid
Cheers mate:)

I assume you are from the Shellharbour region with the '2528' in your location.
Have you got any films up, or are you jsut starting out?

Either way, i look forward to seeing more of you.
My family is in shelharbour and thats where im from. Im currently there now.
But for most of the year i live and work at whistler. And help promote the mtb season. I do the filming for The park for the website. Also do some small work for crankworx.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
hi

hey all,
I want to buy a slr or dslr or digital camera
can any one please help me
My price range is under 700
I am only going to be using it for taking pictures of riding etc

cheers in advance
Scott

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
hey all,
I want to buy a slr or dslr or digital camera
can any one please help me
My price range is under 700
I am only going to be using it for taking pictures of riding etc

cheers in advance
Scott
Try the photo snob thread.... this is "video makers 'post here' " but... look for a second hand 400d on ebay. Could be around that price.

Maurice.

Banned
Maurice will you do smaller filming segments in between big races like nats?
Yes i will be, but very rarely as I want to start riding again. Like, today I will be filming Chritstian, next week, Luke Ambrosi, then have about 3 weeks off, then nats, then a few weks of riding, then film once again.
You dig?

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
I can't remember whether I posted this up in here yet but this is a vid I did 2 months ago, while testing out my boom.

There are a bunch of shots which irritate me with the boom, where it jolts but the shooting was purely for my design tech presentation.

http://vimeo.com/6305129

Thoughts?

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
hey

hey all
I was just wondering what program I should use to edit my videos?
and how much does it cost

thanks in advance

cheers Scott

Maurice.

Banned
Mate, you should really read this thread carefully, I swear this was already answered last week.

but because I don't feel like a Douche Bag today..

Consumer
  • Pinnacle Studio 12: $100-$150
  • Sony Vegas Platnium: $200-$250
  • Corel Video Studio: $150-$200
  • Cyberlink Power director: $150
  • Adobe Premiere Elements 7: $200

Prosumer/Industry standard
  • Adobe Premiere Pro CS3-CS4: $1000+
  • Avid Media Composer: $1200 (or $9000 with Mojo DX)
  • Final Cut Pro 7: $1500
  • Sony Vegas Pro 8: $900

Depends where you shop.
Should add this to my website so no one asks again and just looks for once.

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Ok guys, have had a broken tripod for a few months now, the tripod was shit to start with anwyay.
So I am in need of investing in a new one. Something well under $100 (is that too low), yet still has a nice fluid feel.
Also not something terribly light, I want soemthing that will be weighted and won't move around with ease.

Cheers,
Ty. ;)

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
Ok guys, have had a broken tripod for a few months now, the tripod was shit to start with anwyay.
So I am in need of investing in a new one. Something well under $100 (is that too low), yet still has a nice fluid feel.
Also not something terribly light, I want soemthing that will be weighted and won't move around with ease.
Joke?

Your looking at around $300 for something ok.
Under $100 will be a piece of plastic and designed for still cameras.

Kessler Cranes make an awesome tripod head called the Hercules 2.0 and K-pod legs, definetly getting one of them next.
Keep saving Tye my friend...

Mitch.

Maurice.

Banned
Look into a cheap manfrotto or Velbon.

Make a camera stabilizer. An excellent article in VideoMaker mag on how to.
But seriously, if you want to do film, you have to make sacrafises, none of this norco 250 frames and Mod Warfare2.
You hve to stick to it and plan out your money wisely, It is fair pricey it is.

Last edited:

adman

Likes Dirt
For me its less a question of money - more of time... I can't seem to work out when to film and when to ride. I consider myself fast enough to race... but I want to film those races! GAH! :mad:

Anyway - tripod quesiton! My velbon which is pretty average, has a little bit at the begining of each turn where it skips (there isn't any friction). This is particularly annoying in the middle of shots where I go one direction, then pan the other way and it skips quickly for a bit...

If you understand what I mean.. how might I fix this?

adman

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure thats to do with your camera settings and render settings (don't judge things by the preview window in your editor). Having said that, Vegas, Final Cut or After Effects WILL help with the quality of your editing, but it won't fix extreme cases.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty sure thats to do with your camera settings and render settings (don't judge things by the preview window in your editor). Having said that, Vegas, Final Cut or After Effects WILL help with the quality of your editing, but it won't fix extreme cases.
Ok cool, yeah currently using Vegas pro 8.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Speaking of Song lists, can we discuss what songs each of us are using so we don't double up as I was gonna use a bunch of the songs Kembla has used in his.

I (and I'm sure many of you guys) have a pet hate with people using songs people have already used.

I'm going to be using Mumford and Sons "Little Lion Man" for a trail video.
That will be great after Nova and everyone other station smashes it till christmas...Wait a year in my opinion ;)

Oh and that segment of yours "The Ride for what it is" still my Fav since i joined

EDIT: I cant find where im up too in this thred anymore, takes hours

Last edited:

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
You don't mind if I use that song for a bit of surf footage ill be getting in a few weeks do you?
No please do! I choose it cause i like it not because no one else has used :D

BTW im just in the process of setting up my Cam for the surf, if you know some good surfers id love to get some hel cam footage sometime!